By Anna Davies, REDBOOK
Accomplish more in a single day with these tips and tricks:
1. Time it right: Are you an early bird, or do you do your best work after lunch? "Paying attention to when you're most productive can help you manage your schedule better," Shigley explains. Use that period of the day to focus on complicated tasks; during the times you feel less alert, file, catch up on e-mail, or do other tasks that require less brainpower.
Related: Money-Saving Tips That Will Change Your Life
2. Minimize interruptions: Do you find yourself drifting over to the watercooler whenever you see colleagues gathering? "Everyone has interruptions that can chip away at productivity," Shigley says. Brainstorm ways to minimize them, such as confabbing with colleagues only at lunch. You'll stay on task and get projects done.
Related: 8 Free Ways to Have Fun This Summer
3. Take the time to organize: A few seconds used to file away an e-mail in a folder could mean saving an hour of frantic searching in the future, reminds Shigley. Whether it's color-coded folders or a simple to-do list, an organizational system can showcase how together you are and help eliminate stress.
Related: How to Save Money at the Grocery Store
4. Think ahead: "Always keep an eye on major looming projects," Shigley says. Even if they're months off, spend any downtime doing prep work to avoid a future crush-and impress your higher-ups with your initiative.
Related: 9 Summer Finds That Make Every Woman Feel Sexier
5. Find an ally: You may be putting your nose to the grindstone, but it's all for nothing if no one notices. "An office ally doesn't need to be your boss-it could be another coworker who reports to your boss," Shigley says. Having someone in your corner who can talk up your achievements to your boss is a smart move that will raise your profile.
More from REDBOOK:
Could You Go a Week Without Yelling?
Have the Hottest Sex of Your Life…with Your Husband
- 6 Shocking Reasons Why Men Stray
- 101 Date Night Ideas
- Get More on Love, Family & Fashion - Subscribe to REDBOOK & Save Up to 84%!
Connect with REDBOOK:
- Become our Fan on Facebook
- Sign Up for REDBOOK's Free Weekly Newsletter
- Follow Us on Twitter
- Enter to Win FREE Daily Prizes
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.