Me before the Variety Power of Women Event
This month's Yahoo Mother Board topic is all about top tens, inspired by Yahoo!'s list of top ten searches.
Top Searches on Yahoo! in 2010
1. BP oil spill
2. World Cup
3. Miley Cyrus
4. Kim Kardashian
5. Lady Gaga
7. Megan Fox
8. Justin Bieber
9. American Idol
10. Britney Spears
Ugh, what does THAT say about us as a society? I've decided to post my top 10 posts of the year, as determined by my traffic to the posts. I've skipped the about pages and main page, which get a lot of traffic. Here goes!
- Tribute to Mr. Conrad Beaulieu - sadly, this was my most viewed post. Rest in peace Mr. Beaulieu.
- The Mom Cliques - this post resonated with so many moms. And, I couldn't believe the searches that led people to this site - "neighborhood cliques", "stay at home mom cliques", "kindergarten cliques", "PTA clique", etc. Obviously this is a hot topic.
- Red Carpet Worthy Dress? - Lots of you weighed in on my choice of dress for the Variety Power of Women event. I did end up wearing this dress, so thanks for the feedback!
- Wilton Cake Decorating Basics: Class Three - I took the Wilton Cake Decorating Basics class, as part of my New Year's Resolutions, and wrote posts for each class. I learned so much - it was definitely worthwhile.
- My Brush With Fame…. The 2010 Variety Power of Women Luncheon - one of the highlights of my year! This post is all about working the red carpet at the Variety Power of Women event, including the appearance of my dress (okay, just the back of it) on USWeekly and People's websites.
- Standing Up For Myself as a Blogger - Unfortunately, I had a bad experience with a blog network, and had to stand up for myself. Live and learn.
- Yahoo! Mother Board Summit Recap - Yahoo! hosted the entire Mother Board at their corporate headquarters, and it was another highlight of the year!
- Princess Half-Marathon Recap - You followed my training, and many of you read all about the first (and probably last) half-marathon I ran.
- Visiting Hawaii: First Look at Aulani, the Disney Resort and Spa - Another highlight of the year. I had the opportunity to travel to Hawaii and learn all about Disney's newest resort being built in Hawaii.
- Living With the Daily Guilt - as moms, we all deal with guilt. This post is all about the various types of guilt I've deal with.