Follow these steps to kick your metabolism into high gear and keep those temptations in check:
2) Keep blood sugar stable: Losing weight is very difficult when the blood sugar levels are elevated, which impairs carbohydrate metabolism and increases sugar cravings - all working against you. Avoid simple sugars along with artificial sweeteners, which have been shown to cause increased sugar rebound cravings. Indeed, research has shown an increase in cravings 2-3 hours after consuming sugar substitutes such as Sweet n' Low, Equal, or Splenda.
3) Eat thermogenic foods daily: Foods with natural fat burning properties, such as cayenne, ginger, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon, green tea, hot peppers, citrus fruits (especially lemon), and apple cider vinegar, can really help take - and keep - those pounds off when eaten on a regular daily basis.
4) Optimize your digestion: Break down your food properly and more efficiently so your cells may best utilize the nutrients. Chew well, take apple cider vinegar before each meal, eat in a relaxed setting and breathe while you eat.
5) Supplement for faster results: All natural, non-addictive dietary supplements, such as "Craving Control" offered by GoodElements.com, support sustainable weight loss by safety speeding up your metabolism and reducing food cravings. Natural supplements and vitamins can aid in weight loss by increasing your body's metabolism, while stabilizing blood sugar levels to help you avoid unhealthy snacking.
6) Drink green tea: By steeping one green tea bag in 6-8 oz of piping hot water you create nature's most perfect energy producing health-restoring beverage! Studies show that the catechins, a type of polyphenol, found in green tea assists in burning fat.
More from Marie Claire:
30 Dates That Spice Up Your Relationship
50 Cheap Date Ideas
How to Look Great in Every Photo
9 Signs He's Cheating