What'd you call me?If you were worried that celebrity baby names were starting to sound too normal (Penelope? Maxwell? Peace out Apple and Sparrow!), don't fret -- pet owners are keeping the crazy alive with the unconventional monikers bestowed upon their animals. Veterinary Pet Insurance Co. (VPI) released its list of 2012's 10 Wackiest Dog and Cat Names, which might make your Bella or Max seem a bit boring.
Can You Change Your Dog's Name? | Webvet
Make no mistake, these names are far from the most popular: the folks at VPI poured through a list of more than 485,000 insured pets and came out with these gems. (Commentary courtesy of WebVet)
1. Chew Barka: Can't decide if this would be more appropriate for a hairy Newfoundland -- or ironically for a Chihuahua.
2. Nigel Nosewhistle: This guy's owner must be British. Or a Harry Potter enthusiast
3. Sir Maui Senqkey Schwykle: Dropping the first three parts and leaving it as Schwykle would be wacky enough, and easier to pronounce.
4. Spark Pug: Bonus points for conceptual creativity, but we bet he's just called Sparky in real life, which would belong nowhere near this list.
5. Agent 99: Barbara Feldon or Anne Hathaway?
6. Stinker Belle: Likely a common nickname for many pups out there.
7. Vienna Sausage: If this isn't a Dachshund. . . well, it could be a Corgi.
8. Furnace Hills Dante: Must be a family name.
9. Senorita Margarita: Was adopted on Cinqo de Mayo.
10. Trigonometry: Seems like getting the dog was a compromise for a child agreeing to do homework.
WebVet: 5 Cats Who Belong In The Olympics
1. Pico de Gato: We're less inspired to eat Mexican food when it sounds like cat is an ingredient.
2. Dingleberry: This kitty's owner is likely a child, or an adult who refuses to swear.
3. Dumpster Kitty: If only people were as upfront about their backgrounds . . .
4. Schnickelfritz: Now we're not in the mood for German food either.
5. Koobenfarben: Lot of Eastern Europeans on this list . . .
6. Sassy Pants Huska: She can show you how to Doggie, show you how to Doggie . . .we mean Dougie.
7. Vincent Van Furrball: Evokes thoughts of art AND vomit. Classy.
8. Kitty Gaga: Came complete with Poker Face.
9. Beefra: So no tuna?
10. Mister Bigglesworth: The owner of this guy must be psyched to hear there's an Austin Powers 4 in the works.
Check out more from WebVet!
- Which Surprising Pet Makes Kids Smarter?
- Dog In Bitter Custody Dispute Sent To Pound
- 5 Olympic Athletes and Their Dogs
- How Many Cats Are Too Many?