By Woman's Day Kitchen
This spaghetti supper may look like the kind of meal you'd find in a top restaurant, but you can make it in your own kitchen in just 20 minutes. Broccolini makes this dish both healthy AND flavorful. Photo by Con Poulos; Food styling by Vivian Lui; Prop styling by Marina Malchin
Yields: 4 servings
Cost Per Serving: $2.32
Total Time: 20 min
Prep Time: 15 min
Oven Temp: 425
Related: Learn about 50 foods under 100 calories.
Total Fat 14g
Saturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrate 78g
Dietary Fiber 7g
• 12 ounce(s) spaghetti
• 2 teaspoon(s) grated lemon zest
• 1 tablespoon(s) fresh lemon juice
• 3 tablespoon(s) olive oil
• 2 slice(s) fresh bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
• 2 clove(s) garlic, smashed
• 2 bunch(es) broccolini, roughly chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon(s) (or up to 1/2 teaspoon) crushed red pepper
• 1/4 cup(s) grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
1. Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Cook the pasta according to package directions. Reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Toss with the lemon zest and juice and 1 tablespoon oil.
2. Meanwhile, in a food processor, pulse the bread and garlic until the bread forms coarse crumbs and the garlic is chopped.
3. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss the broccolini, red pepper, remaining 2 tablespoons oil and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Add the Parmesan and bread crumb mixture and toss to combine. Spread in an even layer and roast until the broccolini is tender and beginning to brown, 10 to 12 minutes.
4. Toss the pasta with the broccolini mixture and 1/2 cup reserved cooking liquid (adding more if the pasta seems dry). Serve with grated Parmesan, if desired.
Tips & Techniques
Love Your Leftovers: Chop leftover spaghetti and broccolini and mix with 4 large eggs and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook spoonfuls in olive oil in a nonstick skillet until golden brown and cooked through; serve with a salad.