New Year's resolutions - we all make them and for the most part they are broken in a matter of a few months. However it doesn't have to be that way, by setting realistic goals and understanding that there will be fall-backs you can accomplish your goals.
This year I am focusing on taking better care of my skin and hair. I do have a tendency to neglect it and then wonder why my complexion looks a little dull and dry flaky skin sets in during the winter months.
So with that in mind, here is a list of my resolutions for the upcoming year:
- I will wash my face every evening with the perfect cleanser for my skin type. Too often I run a washcloth over my face and call it a night.
- I will use a moisturizer after my shower to hydrate my skin and use an exfoliate once a week to slough off dead skin and promote new cell generation and circulation.
- I will drink more water and/or herbal teas and limit my intake of soda pop. Green tea has so many benefits for the skin and the body and water does help the body and skin stay healthy.
- I will not pick at a blemish or blackhead my face - as tempting as it is picking at a deeply embedded blackhead or blemish can cause scaring. Blackheads and blemishes can be treated with the right skin care product whether store bought or a homemade remedy. If you must pick at your face consider a proper extraction tool.
- I will lose the sugary snacks and chips - an especially hard task for me; I do love my potato chips, candy bars and donuts. This is one where I will have to take baby steps to accomplish this like cutting the intake to a small bowl of chips in the evening and pass on the morning donuts at the office.
- Hair care - I am going to get my hair trimmed more often. I am notorious for waiting too long before haircuts and washing away the gray.
- I am going to invest in silk pillowcases. I have done some research and wrote an article on my Shine blog about the advantages of a silk pillowcase. They provide less friction to the hair and silk pillowcase do not leave lines on the face in the morning.
Carol Belanger is an author of 300+ skin care recipes and Shine Beauty Guru. I hope you will stop by visit my Shine blog which offers skin care and hair care tips and product reviews. Or, stop by and visit Complete Skin Care Therapy for skin care and hair care recipes and products for all your beauty needs.