20 Awesome Finds to Revamp Your BathroomBy Jennifer Kantor
From award-winning shoe keepers to double (and triple!) duty furniture, make the most of the room you've got with these must haves
1. Iron Wire Door Rack
Unused space becomes a storage workhorse when you slip this three-tiered, iron wire rack over your door. Ideal for storing pantry items and kitchen knick-knacks, it's equally suited to holding kids' stuff, candles, accessories and more. (You can even display rolled up towels in the bathroom.)
2. Winning Shoe Spinner You can reinvent the wheel, as it turns out. Rakku's award-winning spinning design features twenty expandable pockets, capable of adjusting to fit up to 30 pairs. Comes in fun colors for women, men and kids.
3. Chic Wall Storage Piles of magazines, letters and unopened mail can make any desk seem unorganized. Drop this unsightly pile into a chic wall file for a quick clean-up that incorporates a perfect blend of style and function.
4. Deluxe Laundry Hub Put dirty duds in their place with
- iVillage | At Home – Thu, Jul 19, 2012 2:21 PM EDT
20 Awesome Finds to Revamp Your BathroomBy Jennifer KantorRead More »from 20 Awesome Finds to Save Space in Every Corner of Your Home
- iVillage | At Home – Thu, Jul 19, 2012 2:13 PM EDT
Update your space with these fun, budget-friendly ideas that are functional, too By Alesandra Dubin Update your space with these fun, budget-friendly ideas that are functional, tooRead More »from 21 Totally Affordable Ways to Revamp Your Bathroom (All Under $140!)
1. A Wow Shower Curtain Replace your shower curtain for a quick update that also banishes the old mildewed one. Anthropologie's daring Flamenco curtain is eye catching and conversation starting.
2. Pretty Porcelain Accessories Keep the countertop tidy and introduce a sense of calm with these pretty blue and white trays crafted in glazed porcelain.
3. A Bold Bath Rug Pow! This bright, graphic yellow and white rug in a houndstooth pattern punches up a blah bathroom in a flash. Each is handmade and can be customized with details like extra cushion or non-slip features.
4. A Decorative Mirror For less than $40, this ornately framed mirror packs a punch. Use it to replace a dated medicine cabinet or an aging mirror for a wow-worthy wall piece.
5. A Cluster of Vases Grab a few buds from the garden for an unfussy look with this stone-shaped vase set. Cluster the set of three asymmetrical
- Babble.com | At Home – Thu, Jul 19, 2012 12:45 PM EDT
As we're nearing the final stages of our home renovation, I'm starting to think about decor. I'm jumping ahead of myself a bit, but I can't help but get excited. We've lived in nine homes in our almost ten-year marriage, but this is the first one we've owned -- and the largest.
We don't have a lot of stuff, and we plan to keep it that way, but we do have plenty of wall space, and while I prefer a minimalist look, I'm a big fan of art. We've got family photos and homemade art (plus plenty more ideas on Pinterest for the future), along with a few long-standing favorites -- but I'm on the prowl for more original art. My favorite place to shop? Etsy. I'm not a big fan of cookie-cutter art that you could just as easily see in a hotel lobby, so Etsy's the place for me. It's original affordable work, and it supports smaller artists. Love that.
Here are 7 talented artists on Etsy -- bring some original artwork to your home!
- By Sarah James
Read More »from One Stop Shop: 7 Pieces of Artwork No One Else Will Have from Etsy
- iVillage | At Home – Thu, Jul 19, 2012 12:01 PM EDT
20 Totally Affordable Ways to Revamp Your Bedroom (All Under $200!) By Alesandra DubinRead More »from 20 Totally Affordable Ways to Revamp Your Bedroom (All Under $200!)
From family photo galleries to lighting fixtures to D.I.Y. ingenuity, these ideas and products will spruce up your sleeping space without blowing your budget
1. Bold Clock Out with the dated digital alarm clock and in with a bold replacement. The bright tangerine color of this clock is eye catching while the sleek design will fit into most decor schemes nicely.
2. Owl Table Lamp If you're still reading after your S.O. has been snoring for hours, let this little night owl keep you company. The bird-shaped table lamp comes with a linen shade to shed some light on your latest page-turner. \
3. Canine Bookends Keep books in their place and send a shout out to your canine family member with these lively bookends. The sturdy pieces come as a set of two, with the pup's head on one side and hiney on the other.
4. A Bold Accent Wall If you want to paint or wallpaper an accent wall remember this one rule: Don't be scared! It's a single wall, so be as daring as you like.
Singer, actor and all-around hottie Justin Timberlake is collaborating with interior designer Estee Stanley to offer an intimate shopping experience through their new online shopping site, HomeMint By Sugee KimRead More »from Justin Timberlake, Interior Designer?
Singer, actor and all-around hottie Justin Timberlake is collaborating with interior designer Estee Stanley to offer an intimate shopping experience through their new online shopping site, HomeMint.
He can act, he can sing and now Justin Timberlake is venturing into the world of interior design with a new collection for online shopping site HomeMint. Timberlake partnered with interior designer and stylist Estee Stanley to curate a collection that includes everything from utensils to over-dyed Turkish statement rugs.
HomeMint is inspired by Timberlake and Stanley's travels and their desire to showcase smaller, independent designers. Their picks showcase both Timberlake's love of functionality and Stanley's layered, vintage-inspired style. Items start at $9.99 (for members) for a Gramercy Luggage Tag to upwards of $2,500 for a set of vintage dining chairs. The site does not require a membership to shop, but for a monthly fee of $9.99, members can enjoy early access to
- Disney Baby | At Home – Thu, Jul 19, 2012 11:29 AM EDT
Baby number 3 is due in less than 7 weeks and that nesting feeling is starting to kick in. While I don't have the patience right now to make my baby a beautiful quilt or booties, I do think I can conquer a sweet, handmade mobile to hang above the crib. I've been scouring the internet looking for some inspiration and perhaps a tutorial or two and I came across these 7 inspiring ideas.
- By Andrea Howe
MORE ON DISNEY BABY
Read More »from Hanging by a Moment: 7 Handmade Mobiles for the Nursery
Baking soda, also known as sodium carbonate or soda ash, is a terrific, gentle, non-toxic household cleaner. Use it to give a cleaning boost when scouring surfaces - from cleaning sinks to tile to pots and pans, baking soda quickly removes stains and caked-on gunk. But there are also a lot more, less obvious ways to clean with baking soda. Check out 5 ways to put your baking soda to use!Read More »from 5 Not-Obvious Ways to Clean with Baking Soda
Related: The 25 smartest cleaning solutions you've never heard of
Freshen and Clean Carpets1. Freshen and Clean Carpets
To freshen and clean carpets monthly, sprinkle a thin layer of baking soda on the rug and let it sit overnight, then vacuum it up in the morning. Voila - fresh carpets!
Even Cleaner Laundry2. Even Cleaner Laundry
Add a cup of baking soda to each load for fresher, cleaner laundry.
Related: 10 everyday household items that double as organizers
Remove Wood Stains3. Remove Wood Stains
According to Yankee magazine, you can remove water stains from wood with baking soda. Working with the grain, use a damp cloth to rub baking
The Oreck Steam-It ($179, amazon.com) cleans continuously on one tank for 35-plus minutes, cutting through the smears and stains in its path. Not just for floors, this mop has attachments that clean windows, countertops, and toilets.
Related: Clean Your House in 10 Minutes a Day
Sienna Aqua ProStorage-Friendly
Speedy, thorough, and convenient, the Sienna Aqua Pro ($130, amazon.com) zaps sticky and oily residue from floors, and its handle folds down for easy storage. But in our tests, its water tank was tapped out after only 13 minutes.
Reliable's Steamboy T2Extra-Clean SweepRead More »from 4 Best Steam Mops
- House Beautiful Magazine | At Home – Wed, Jul 18, 2012 2:41 PM EDT
Simple yet elegant, this year's 1,000-square-foot dream kitchen - showcased in New York's Rockefeller Center - serves up glittering tile, glass knobs, a bold sink, and a jaw-dropping butler's pantry. Take a tour of the space.
Read More »from Tour the 2012 Kitchen of the Year with Designer Mick De Giulio
- iVillage | At Home – Wed, Jul 18, 2012 2:20 PM EDT
By: Alesandra Dubin
You don't have to br20 Ways to Spruce Up Your Living Room (For Under $100!)eak the bank to give your coziest space an instant upgrade. Here's how!
1. Mirrored Side Table
Get a luxe look without busting your budget with this splashy side table. Mirrors cover a steel frame, giving a small piece a big impact for an affordable price.
2. Graphic Poster
Get a cool graphic look with a smart-looking poster that shows your city's neighborhood boundaries in a typographical map. The print is available for major U.S. cities like Los Angeles, Boston, Philadelphia, Chicago and New York, and some European capitals as well.
3. Architectural Photo Frame
We can't all have homes envisioned by Frank Lloyd Wright. But we can get a piece of his signature style with these wooden picture frames. Adapted from one of the architect's art glass windows for the Avery Coonley Playhouse in Illinois, the frames are made of alder wood with a rich walnut finish.
4. Decorative Suitcases
You may not have vacation plans on the horizon (sigh), but you Read More »from 20 Ways to Spruce Up Your Living Room (For Under $100!)
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST