Tainted by my own deception of giving in to the flesh for so long, I had fallen into the trap. I felt because if I gave all my goods away, I would be even more desirable. Funny how the mind tricks us into believe our own lies. I mean you can look at things around you and receive answers that you had questioned years prior but that one simple question that carries the weight of so much, you can never find. "What makes me think that they want me?" I was not worthy of many things because I caused myself to be encased into a lie in which I created. A lie built upon the first lie; I am not worthy to be loved. Why feel that I am not worthy when I can achieve all that I put my mind to? Simple really. Because I pushed so many people away and felt undeserving as a child, not getting what I wanted (having a dad around), I felt that I could never be loved. Of course this story plays out over and over again when I reach a certain point in my life. It returns like a cold winter night haunting meRead More »from What Makes Me Think They Want Me…….. They Never Do, at Least it Seems to Be that Way
- Shani Fenderson | Author Blog Posts – Tue, Nov 29, 2011 4:22 AM EST
- Anderson Team | Author Blog Posts – Mon, Nov 28, 2011 6:04 PM EST
When Ryan Cushing was apprehended for throwing a frozen turkey at Victoria Ruvolo's car, which crashed, sending her into a coma for a month, he faced 25 years in prison.
After hearing this sentence, Victoria decided she wanted to learn more about the teen who did this to her, and understand what would drive him to commit this random act of violence.
She decided she didn't want him to "rot in jail" and instead insisted on a lighter sentence.
"Because of me, he got six months in jail with five years probation, with community service and psychiatric help," says Victoria. "I always said God gave me a second chance, so I just passed it on."Read More »from She Forgave the Teen Who Almost Killed Her: Could You?
A delicious, no-bake holiday dessert!
When you're ready to line up the holiday dessert table with miniature desserts, pick out recipes that take less than an hour or so to prepare. The holidays are busy enough without baking and cooking activities, so a few no-bake recipes can save time and still satisfy a crowd!
Chocolate-cherry bombs made with JELL-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin took me less than 15 minutes to put together and were ready to serve within an hour. These eye-catching, miniature desserts would make a great addition to any holiday table and are sure to be an instant hit with chocolate lovers.
Here's how to make your own batch of 14 chocolate-cherry bombs:
What you'll need:
1/3 cup boiling water
1 package (3 oz.) JELL-O Cherry Flavor Gelatin
1 can (5 oz.) evaporated milk
2 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, coarsely chopped
14 maraschino cherries with stems, drained
14 3 oz. paper cups sprayed with cooking spray
Baking sheet or tray
To make chocolate cherry-bombs:
Step 1:Read More »from Easy Chocolate-Cherry Bombs
Casa Doru is the place where hope is frightened to come in and remains at the entrance door. It doesn't even knock; sometimes I wonder if it even steps outside the sliding doors. Now that I think about it, people come in and out of its gate, but this hurried come and go looks like a trip to a lost city. In Casa Doru the bread crumbles are crying. In Casa Doru a smile makes you wanna cry and the sound of laughter sounds like a land downfall. It's the place where the cartoons drawn on the walls stare back creepily. It's where if you're too sick to act socially iresponsible you are kept under lock and key and from where the rest of the world is violently sliced into pieces by the grey Venetian blinds. It's a place where being alone doesn't go in the same direction with its meaning in the outer world. You can hear everyone else's thoughts, so you gotta be a player. It's only the empty glasses that are filled, with emptiness. It's the place where an always there autumn panorama
Why TurboTax Deluxe is the easiest choice for you …
TurboTax Deluxe was designed to make it easy for you to get the biggest tax refund possible. Choose TurboTax Deluxe if any of the following apply to you:
- You own your home
- You donated to charity
- You have significant education or medical expenses
- You have childcare expenses
- You have lots of deductions
If you own investments or rental property, choose TurboTax Premier. It has everything in Deluxe PLUS will provide extra guidance so you get the most from your investments.
If you are a sole proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, or single-owner LLC, TurboTax Home & Business has everything in Premier and will help you make the most of your business and personal deductions.
If you own an S Corp, partnership, C Corp, or multiple-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Business.
More info: TurboTax
-------------------------Read More »from TurboTax Deluxe 2011 Coupon
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST