Photographer Deborah Jaffe had the enviable problem of too much furniture-but she had no clue which pieces were right for the living room in her new L.A. home. domino stylist Allison Tick shows her the power of simple rearranging to create a winning setup, in three trial-and-error steps.
Related: The Most Common Home Decor Mistake You are Probably Making
• My view, my fireplace and my TV all face different directions.
• I bought a floral statement sofa-what on earth will go with it?
• I want to combine Asian, mod and a David Hicks vibe in a noncrazy way.
• There are two tricky nooks that feel like dead space.
First floor plan
• Can take in the view from the sofa.
• The daybed leaves the view unobstructed.
• The console table and upholstered chair help define the nooks.
• My photographs get prime real estate in the nooks.
Read More »from This Winning Living Room Setup Will Have You Rearranging ASAP
• The placement of the daybed is annoying because you can't lean back against anything.
• The carpet feels too small.