By Ruthie Friedlander
Going to the gym can be stressful. Instead of leg elongating slacks, calf-defining heels, and tricep shrouding knits, we're thrust into the intimidating world of green juiceheads wearing nothing but our butt huggers. And though the only posted guidelines are few and far between-ditch the cell phone and re-rack your barbells (it's what separates us from the animals!)-sweat enthusiasts know there's a secret manual of unwritten rules. Here, we unearth it:
1. If you think you are in everyone's way while you are jumping rope, you most certainly are.
2. During SoulCycle, if I'm not on the beat, and you're just jamming away with your dominant leg to "Holy Grail," let's avoid eye contact. We both know what's happening.
3. Don't check your e-mail while doing your planks. This too shall pass.
4. There is no shame in an Eminem-only playlist game.
5. It's okay to cry during Eagle Pose. We store emotion inRead More »from 30 Fitness Commandments to Live By