Just last week, I had to ask my 9yo daughter, Ry to stop smelling the cat. And not so long before that, I had to explain motorboating to my tween son (with an audio demonstration), so he could keep up with the middle school cafeteria banter.
Here are some of the weirdest things I've had to say to my children over the years (I surprise myself daily), plus some phrases from my awesome Facebook Fans, who never disappoint.
1. "You can have a favorite shirt, but you're not allowed to have a favorite pair of underwear."
2. "Gum you find under tables is NOT 'free' gum."
3. "I don't care how much she annoys you, your sister is not for sale."
4. "Please stop riding the dog."
MORE FROM JENNY FROM THE BLOG: 21 LIES MOMS TELL TO STAY SANE
5. "You cannot charge your friends at school for massages. And please stop massaging people at school."Read More »from 18 Insane Things Parents Say to Their Kids --That All Parents Will Understand