For an excuse-proof plan to avoid ordering take out, make the mango salsa ahead of time, buy pre-shredded cabbage, and put the chicken in the fridge to marinate the night before. With a little bit of prep work, home cooked dinner has never been quicker!
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds removed, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 lime, juiced and divided
- 1 mango, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 6 corn tortillas
- ½ cup shredded cabbage
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
In a ziploc bag, combine the chicken in barbecue sauce. Let marinate in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes.
Rinse the jalapeño and cilantro. Cut the avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit. Scoop out the flesh, slice thinly, and squeeze half