Sleeping SwanWorkout by Kay Kay Clivio, an instructor at Pure Yoga in New York City
Do these stretches right before bed to fall asleep faster and sleep better.
Related: 7 Shocking Stats About Sleep
What you'll need: a pillow
Tip: With each pose, breathe in and out through your nose for a calming effect on the nervous system.
Targets: Neck, shoulders, back, hips, and legs
- Sit on floor with pillow in front of you. Bend left knee, bringing sole of left foot to right inner thigh. Lift butt and extend right leg behind you.
- Staying centered, gently hinge forward from hips, placing head on pillow. Extend arms forward, elbows slightly bent.
- Hold for 8 to 10 breaths. Roll back up. Switch legs; repeat.
Targets: Back, hips, and hamstrings
- Lie faceup. Bend knees into chest and grab inside edges of feet with hands, palms out.
- Bring knees out to sides, then lower toward armpits, keeping heels above knees, feet flexed.