Make your favorite dish even better with these 15 outstanding recipes made with irresistible cheeses.
Cheesemonger's Mac and Cheese (picture at left and see recipe below)
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated Gruyère cheese
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely grated sharp cheddar cheese (about 6 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups diced rindless Brie (cut from 1-pound wedge)
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon (scant) nutmeg
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 3/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs made from crustless French bread
- 1 pound penne pasta
- 8 teaspoons whipping cream (if making 1 day ahead)
- It's easiest to remove the rind and dice the Brie if you put it in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm it up first.
- Mix all cheeses. Set aside 1 cup for topping; cover and chill. Melt 4 tablespoons butter in large saucepan over medium heat.