Pride parade banner
Advice from three of EMandLO.com's guy friends. This week they answer the following: "I want to have an open relationship, but my boyfriend doesn't want to open up the relationship. I don't want to break up, what should I do?" To ask the guys your own question, click here.
Gay Single Guy (Justin Huang): First off, you're
Blog Posts by EMandLO.com
- EMandLO.com | Love + Sex – Thu, Jan 10, 2013 10:15 AM EST
Pride parade bannerRead More »from Wise Guys: Can a Man Be Talked into an Open Relationship?
- EMandLO.com | Book Club – Thu, Jan 10, 2013 10:07 AM EST
Fifty Shades of GreyThe biggest selling book of 2012 was Fifty Shades of Grey. Not only has it introduced many people to the world of kink, it's given them a lesson in how not to write. And if a lack of literary merit isn't going to slow down sales, well, at least people can learn about the elements of style while being turned on by the elements of sadomasochism.Read More »from The Top 5 Writing Lessons of "Fifty Shades of Grey"
1. Avoid repetition of words and phrases. When Ana first meets Christian Grey, she thinks she spots a "ghost of a smile" in his expression. That's a nice, descriptive way of putting it -- it's easy for the reader to imagine. The problem is, James uses the same exact phrasing only a few pages later, for the same character. And that's not the last we hear the term "ghost of a smile," either -- it pops up a few more times in the first book. Using something so specific again and again just comes across as lazy.
2. Use adverbs sparingly. Anastasia Steele never met an adverb she didn't like, especially when it's modifying the way she or another
Yoga poseIs your New Year's resolution to improve both your health and your sex life? Yoga could be the answer, though not for the reasons you might think, says EMandLO.com contributor Jewely Hoxie, who is studying Human Sexuality at the University of California Santa Cruz:Read More »from The REAL Reasons Why Yoga Improves Your Sex Life
As a teenager, naive to what both sex and yoga were really about, I would gossip with my friends about our sprouting sex lives. We giggled about starting yoga classes in order to be better in bed, with the idea being that yoga = flexibility and flexibility + twisted pretzel positions = good sex. We'd learned this from movies that portrayed woman who could put their leg over their head as sexy and promiscuous. As I grew up and learned more about sex -- and started taking yoga classes -- I figured out that, while pretzel sex positions can be more awkward than pleasurable, there are plenty of other reasons why yoga can improve your sex life. Here are five...
1. Yoga Is a Stress Reliever
A tightly wound mind is not exactly
Xmas presentsAdvice from three of EM & LO's guy friends. This week a straight woman asks, "What's a good holiday present for 1) a guy you've just started dating, 2) a guy you've been exclusive with for a year or so, 3) a husband?"Read More »from What's a Good Gift for Crush/Boyfriend/Husband?
Straight Single Guy (Tyler Barnett): OK, you are married, you may or may not have kids and you want to get your hubby a gift that he will appreciate. I am going to give you two options, and I HIGHLY suggest doing them both. First, get him what he really wants. You already know what it is ladies and if you say you don't you are lying to yourself. An X-Box, a power tool, a motorcycle, a brew your own beer kit, whatever that thing is that you know he wants but you don't want him to have, just get it for him, ok? He isn't going to spend more time with it than you and he is going to be thrilled. Secondly, buy some sexy lingerie, wrap yourself in a bow, make a nice meal and treat him like a king for the night. You already are the perfect gift, after all, he married you, so
- EMandLO.com | Author Blog Posts – Fri, Dec 7, 2012 12:32 PM EST
Did you or someone you know devour the Fifty Shades of Grey series but wish there'd been a little more guidance? Then we've got the perfect holiday gift for you! Our new book, 150 Shades of Play , is a helpful (and hilarious, if we do say so ourselves) illustrated A-to-Z guide to kink for beginners. It includes:Read More »from The Perfect Holiday Gift for "Fifty" Fans: "150 Shades of Play"
• How to's on role play, dirty talk, spanking, bondage & more
• Important safety info missing from the Fifty Shades trilogy
• A voyeuristic peek at all of Christian Grey's "hard limits"
• Tips on shopping for top-of-the-line kinky accoutrements
• Notes on what the Fifty series got wrong about BDSM
• Everything beginners need to know to get their kink on!
150 Shades of Play will make your Christian and Ana fantasies a reality - both safely and sensually! For more information about the book -- including excerpts, advance praise (from the likes of TIME's Joel Stein and sex educator icon Betty Dodson!), and cool moody photos thanks to LELO -- visit 150ShadesOfPlay.com. And to
- Read More »from What Turns a Hookup into a Girlfriend?
- EMandLO.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Nov 13, 2012 1:38 PM EST
What would you have told this guy?Read More »from What Do Men Wish They'd Known About Making Love when They Were Younger?
Advice from three of EMandLO.com's guy friends. This week they answer the following: "What do you wish you had known about making love when you were younger?" To ask the guys your own question, click here.
Playing games is only ok if a board is involvedRead More »from How Can You Tell If a Guy is Playing Games?
We get a lot of advice questions coming in at EMandLO.com, but sadly, we just can't answer them all. Which is why, once a week, we turn to you to decide how best to advise a reader. Make your call on the letter below by leaving your advice in the comments section.
Obama campaign logo.Thanks to a majority of American voters yesterday, we're moving forward in the 21st century, not backward to the 1950s. At 11:15pm last night, the champagne was poured and "We Are the Champions" played on the stereo! Here are just a few of the things we all won:
- The preservation of safe & legal abortion
- Marriage equality in four new states
- Contraception coverage from health insurance
- Lower abortion rates
- Equal pay for equal work
- The continued existence of Planned Parenthood
- The first openly gay person elected to Senate
- The most female Senators in the history of Congress
- A moratorium on old, white, anti-science, Republican dudes who think pregnancy from rape is a gift from God
- The acceptance that health and life of the mother ARE legitimate reasons for an abortion