Of course I love Thanksgiving turkey. I typically make two 12-pound turkeys to feed my family and have some leftovers for all the after-Thanksgiving meals I crave. I usually make tortas, taquitos, tostadas, tortilla soup ... everything comes up turkey for me. One thing that I love to make - and it's usually when I am down to my last bits of turkey - is turkey pate salad. I think of it as a way to stretch my final pieces of turkey and enjoy every single morsel of it in a creamy paste form. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Turkey Pate Salad:
- 4 cups shredded turkey
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 3 tablespoons butter (room temp)
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup green apple (diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (diced)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add turkey into a food processor.
- Add in mayo, butter, garlic, and mustard.
- Pulse until