We've cut the fat from this irresistible meal by baking the pieces in the oven instead of deep frying, making it an even easier recipe for your kids to help make.
• 2 cup(s) buttermilk
• 2 clove(s) garlic, crushed
• 1 tablespoon(s) hot-pepper sauce
• 1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
• 1 teaspoon(s) fresh-ground pepper
• 2 pound(s) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 3-by 1/2-inch strips
• 6 tablespoon(s) unsalted butter, melted
Plus: 49 kid-friendly family meals »
1. Combine the buttermilk, garlic, hot-pepper sauce, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Add the chicken, cover, and refrigerate for 2 hours or up to 12 hours. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly coat 2 baking pans with oil and set aside.
2. Crush the crispbread into coarse crumbs and place the crumbs in a large, shallow baking dish, toss in the melted butter, and set aside. Remove the chicken from the marinade and coat with the crumbs. Place on the prepared pans and bake, turning once,