TRY THESE 4 STAR-TESTED SHOE TIPS THAT WILL MAKE ANY OUTFIT CHIC.
1: Don a Dash of Leopard
Truth be told, leopard goes with just about everything. Michelle Williams added Charlotte Olympia animal-print pumps to her red lace Erdem dress, instantly nabbing a spot on the best-dressed list. Pair your leopard heels (or flats) with just about any color under the rainbow for a look that is totally now.
RELATED: Tips on How to Wear the Biggest Trends This Spring
2. Slip on a Boys Loafer
Simply put, menswear is just more comfortable than women's. Olivia Palermo polished off her black pantsuit with dapper Stubbs & Wooton loafers, proving that the easygoing look isn't just for the boys. Keep a masculine oxford on tap for the perfect finishing touch to everything from girly dresses to tailored separates.
RELATED: See the Most Recent Best Dressed Celebs of the Week
3. Invest in Luxe Over-the-Knee-Boots
Wearing a T-shirt and jeans never looked this good. Claudia Schiffer looked completely chic
Blog Posts by Harper s Bazaar
TRY THESE 4 STAR-TESTED SHOE TIPS THAT WILL MAKE ANY OUTFIT CHIC.Read More »from 4 Ways to Make Shoes Fix Any Outfit
Dreary winter weather can wreak havoc on your skin and psyche. Try these tips to look-and feel-instantly better. By Dawn Davis
1. Whiten Your Smile
As your skin starts to look pale, your teeth may seem dull, as well. See your dentist for a whitening treatment like Pola Office +, which requires only three eight-minute sessions and barely causes any sensitivity. Try New York dentists Lowenberg, Lituchy and Kantor.
Related: Get a Gorgeous Smile at Every Age
2. Fake a Glow
For a faux bronze that looks natural - even in the dead of winter - mix one-part moisturizer with one-part self-tanner.
Lancôme Flash Bronzer, $32, lancome-usa.com
Related: Get Gorgeous (Tan!) Legs
3. Try a Bold Lipstick
A vibrant shade will make your skin look fresh - and maybe even brighten your mood.
Givenchy Rouge Interdit in Paradise Pink, $28, sephora.com
If You're a Flower Girl: You like bright, peppy fragrances that are light and pretty. You dress with a casual, preppy flair, and you lean towards the feminine side of things.Read More »from Find a Fragrance that Suits Your Style
Try: Kate Spade's new fragrance, Twirl, which blends pink watermelon with fresh flowers.
RELATED: Meet a Flower Girl, Interior Designer Celerie Kemble
If You're a Sophisticate: You're a modern minimalist in both your style and your approach to scent. You like sleek suits and simple silhouettes.
Try: Lancôme Tresor in Love, a lovely floral with bergamot, and Italian citrus.
RELATED: Meet Sophisticate Ivanka Trump
If You're a Sensualist: You love food, spices, and mysterious fragrances. You wear a lot of jewel tones in lush materials like velvet and silk.
Try: Gucci Guilty, with mandrian, pink pepper, geranium, and amber.
RELATED: Meet a Sensualist, Top Chef Host Padma Lakshmi
If You're a Maverick: You mix textures, take chances and love edgy style. When it comes to fragrance, you don't like anything sweet and
- Harper s Bazaar | Fashion – Mon, Jan 24, 2011 11:06 PM EST
Although sometimes a tad scary, a colorful lip is a great way to pack some punch - especially if you're like me with see-through fair skin and a wardrobe consisting of 95% black. Here are some helpful tips we learned backstage at fashion shows:
1. Get an awesome mascara. You'll definitely want to pump up your lashes to build contrast between your eyes and lips. Stick to black, brown, or navy.
RELATED: Beauty Trends to Try Now
2. Don't be afraid to wear face makeup, but avoid blush. Tinted moisturizer, translucent powder, and a touch of concealer are fine, but you don't want to look like you're part of the circus.
3. Reapply the right way. You want your color to last all day, but that may require a quick redo after meals. Be sure to blot your lips, dab a touch of concealer around your lip line, and swipe away. -Jessica Prince
RELATED: Editors Test Bright Lipstick Shades Every Day this Month
More from Harper's Bazaar:Read More »from How to Wear Bright Lipstick Without Looking Like a Clown
Author Sally Ryder Brady long suspected that her husband of 45 years was leading a DOUBLE LIFE, but it wasn't until his death that the truth came out.
The brightest lights cast the darkest shadows, and from the moment we met, my husband, Upton Brady, radiated a multifaceted brilliance. When he died suddenly in 2008, my world was drained of light, yet I had no idea of the utter darkness that awaited me. Days after our four grown children and I scattered his ashes at sea, I began sorting through his closet. Upton's bathrobe and Brooks Brothers cashmere blazer still carried his clean scent.
I turned to the drawers in his bedside table, expecting to find nail clippers, cough drops, and the usual miscellany. But instead, two handsome naked men with polished bodies looked at me seductively from the cover of a magazine.
Two days later, I uncovered more gay porn, videos this time. And then condoms. We had never used condoms.
Not wanting to add to my children's grief, IRead More »from I Discovered My Husband's Secret Gay Life
- Harper s Bazaar | Fashion – Thu, Jan 20, 2011 11:07 PM EST
1. Subtle Smoky Eye: A full-on smoky eye can be intimidating. Here, Jessica Biel wears a softer version of the standby look. Skip the liner and use brown or gray shadow and a few coats of mascara.Read More »from Date-Night Hair & Makeup â€” That Won't Scare Him Off
RELATED: 5 Minute Beauty Fixes
2.Simple Ponytail: This style runs the gamut from casual to dressed-up, and when it's styled without too much primping - like Blake Lively's version - the result is very girl-next-door.
RELATED: A Month of Bright Lips
3.Flushed Cheeks: A pop of color will make you look fresh-faced and vibrant. Kate Bosworth wears a bright pink blush, which works with her fair skin.
RELATED: The Best Hair & Makeup at the Golden Globes Red Carpet
4. Soft Blowout: A bouncy blowout - not too straight,not too curly - is natural and always flattering. Katie Holmes gets the look just right: Her color is glossy and her hair looks touchable.
RELATED: Supermodels Without Makeup
5. Pink Lipgloss: Natural makeup always works. Cameron Diaz's look is special because of her subtly lined eyes
1. Quick Twist Hairstyle
Here's your formula to look polished fast: Start by massaging Dry Shampoo into your roots. "It soaks up excess oils and adds texture," says hairstylist Andy Lecompte, who works with Jessica Biel and Leighton Meester. Pull hair back into a chignon and twist in Goody Simple Styles Spin Pins ($6.49 for two)--one equals 20 bobby pins.
Balancing work, kids, husband, friends? No time for you often equals lackluster, tired skin. Don't bother layering on the foundation, bronzer, and blush; your skin will just look tired and cakey. The solution: tinted bronzing gel, applied over your face and neck after your morning shower for an instant outer glow--even if you don't feel one on the inside.
Use a lip plumper before lipstick. "Plumpers keep your lips hydrated, which prevents new lines from forming and simultaneously fills creases you already have to stop colorRead More »from 5 Beauty Fixes that Take 5 Minutes or Less
- Harper s Bazaar | Healthy Living – Wed, Jan 19, 2011 1:13 AM EST
Jen Ramey is telling me the story of her life over breakfast at the restaurant Maialino in Manhattan. Without even casting an eye over the decadent Italian menu, she fishes out an herbal tea bag from her purse. She asks for a cup of hot water and urges me to get the doughnuts and cream so she can watch me eat them. A year ago, she would have ordered the doughnuts and a chocolate croissant. A year ago, she was 240 pounds.
Ramey, 48, is one of the most powerful model managers in the fashion industry. Her roster at IMG boasts some of the best girls in the business, like Kate Moss, Daria Werbowy, and Lily Donaldson, which means she's perennially surrounded by young and very thin beauties. But she herself was always on the high end of zaftig. After almost three decades of wrestling with obesity and yo-yo dieting, Ramey had had her fill. Famously tough and hard charging, she's never one to mince words. "I didn't realize how f--- ed up my relationship with food was until I wasn'tRead More »from How to Lose Weight When You Work with Super-Skinny Models
Sensa, the latest dieting craze, promises that you can lose weight and eat what you want - by sprinkling food with a powder that makes you feel fuller faster. -By Patricia Marx
A cardboard box the size of an extremely large pound cake has arrived. Inside are several double-sided plastic salt-and-pepper-style shakers, each housing 20 grams of white powder. This is not what you think. The granules are called Tastants, and they are the slim-inducing component of the Sensa Weight-Loss System.
What is Sensa? It is the Jewish mother of diets. Setting no restrictions on what you may put on your plate-or how much-Sensa practically pleads, "Eat. Have some more! You want butter with that?" Its sole requirement is that before partaking of food, you dust it with Tastants, specially formulated scent and flavor combinations that "help trigger the brain mechanism that signals when you are full," according to its Web site. It promises that you will shed pounds without ever feeling hungry. In aRead More »from Sensa: The Easiest Diet Everâ€“Not.
- Harper s Bazaar | Work + Money – Fri, Jan 14, 2011 12:36 AM EST
1. Try Subtle Highlights: Brighten up your color with subtle, shiny highlights. Redken Creative Consultant for Color, Tracy Cunningham, thinks the metallic trend from the spring runways will also be huge for hair. Here, Anne Hathaway's dark chestnut shade has hints of shimmery gold threads.Read More »from 7 Beauty Trends That Will Instantly Make You Prettier
FIND YOU IDEAL HAIR COLOR
2. Half-Up Hair Is Back: Camilla Belle's half-up style is a serious upgrade from the casual version of years past. Volume is the key to modernizing the look.
MORE GORGEOUS HAIRSTYLES FOR EVERY OCCASION
3. Only Line Your Top Lid: While the smoky eye isn't going anywhere, here's a look that's equally sexy but a bit crisper. Try the combination of big lashes and liquid liner for a modern twist. Here, January Jones wears a hint of shimmery shadow in the inner corners of her eyes for extra brightness.
GET A VIRTUAL MAKEOVER AND TRY THE LOOK RIGHT NOW
4. Try an Updo: From braids to chignons, hairstyles are getting higher. Zoe Saldana's milkmaid braids are simultaneously youthful