Photo via www.siennaweb.comSienna Miller recently told an MSN Singapore reporter, "I wash my face with shampoo and I've got bad skin because of it." We think her skin looks great, but that shampoo thing? Sounds like something to avoid. To be certain, we asked New York City dermatologist Heidi Waldorf. "Bad idea," Waldorf says. "Shampoo generally has a higher level of detergents and fewer moisturizing ingredients than cleansers, so it can strip the skin of important lipids and proteins." Instead, Waldorf recommends washing with a non-soap cleanser like CeraVe Lotion Cleanser. Give it a try, Sienna!
Want more recommendations for perfect skin? Here's our insider's guide for how to get a great facial.
On a budget? How to get skin treatments on the cheap.
- 10 Hairstyles That Make You Look 10 Years Younger
- The 10 Beauty Mistakes That Add 10 Years
- The 10 Sexiest Hairstyles Ever
- The 15 Sexiest Makeup Looks of All Time
- Eating More of These Foods Will