Stir up memories of warmer months by growing fresh herbs inside your home.
What you'll need:
- Pots with drainage holes
- Fresh soil (from local garden center)
- Herb seed packets or seedlings
- Plant markers
Related: Try This Delicious Six-Herb Linguine
1. Visit your local garden supply center to buy seeds or seedlings. Can't find what you're looking for? Check out the selection of seeds at the Seed Shop and have them delivered.
2. Fill the bottom of each pot with 3/4-inch gravel, then fill completely with soil. Dig a hole in the soil large enough for your plant to fit into. Remove the seedling from its plastic nursery container and set into planting hole. Gentle press down the soil around the plant. If starting from seeds, fill the pot with soil and then gently press seeds into soil 1/4 inch.
3. Spray-paint the top band of each pot with chalkboard paint. Let dry completely and then write the name of the herb using colorful chalk. The best part? When it's time to transfer plants, just wipe the chalkboard cleanRead More »from How to Grow a Winter Herb Garden