It's easy to be breezy about life in warm-weather months. But keep this info in mind so you don't get burned this summer.
1. Day drinking can be frickin' awesome, but it can also kick your ass. Because of the sun and the hot temps, you'll likely be more dehydrated, making you way more tipsy than usual. Follow these tips to make sure you don't hurt your rep or your health.
2. Yes, you need sunscreen. You shouldn't even ask.
3. That gorgeous guy you meet on vacation? He's probably nothing more than a fun rendezvous. It's not called a summer fling because of its long-term potential…
4. Water as a lubricant for sex in the pool: FAIL. You need to use silicone-based lubricant, which is completely waterproof and makes the experience much more pleasurable. Bonus truth: Water sex causes all sorts of problems with condoms, so it's best for monogamous couples who are on birth control.
5. Do not apply self-tanner or an instant bronzer if you're going to put on a white dress shortly after. Your
Blog Posts by Cosmopolitan.com
It's easy to be breezy about life in warm-weather months. But keep this info in mind so you don't get burned this summer.Read More »from 5 Summer Truths You Can't Ignore
- Cosmopolitan.com | Love + Sex – Mon, Jun 22, 2009 5:58 PM EDT
Cosmo's Wedding BlowoutAfter witnessing 50 to 80 weddings per year (and being exposed to behaviors that a couple doesn't always reveal to others), a wedding planner has identified some signs that scream "Red flag!" Here, she spills the predictors of whether a couple will live happily ever after or bite the dust.
1. The Bride Refuses to Let the Groom Choose the Cake
"Brides are almost always more interested in the minutiae of wedding planning than grooms are. But when I encounter a woman who refuses to relinquish any control to her fiancé, it doesn't bode well. I can think of a few instances in which the woman ruled the event with an iron fist and the couple ended up in divorce court a few years later. Basically, they weren't able to make decisions together."
Want the flip side to each of these signs? Read the complete article on Cosmo's official website.
2. The Groom Lets His Mom Call the Shots
"Most of my brides involve their moms in the planning process, and why wouldn't they? It's likeRead More »from Confessions of a Wedding Planner: 5 Signs a Couple Will Crash and Burn
There are foods that boost energy, sharpen memory, and even fight flab. But the snacks here serve a sexier purpose: They improve your lust life. Feast on your favorites to feel friskier.Read More »from Foods That Feed Your Sex Drive
Capsaicin, a chemical found in fiery peppers, increases circulation to get blood pumping and stimulates nerve endings so you'll feel more turned on.
Red Wine Besides relaxing you faster than a neck rub can, red wine contains resveratrol, an antioxidant that helps boost blood flow and improves circulation before and during intercourse.
Bananas Another reason to think about sex when you wrap your lips around this phallus-shaped fruit: Chiquitas deliver potassium, a nutrient key to muscle strength. So when you orgasm, the contractions will be superintense.
Chocolate Cocoa contains the chemical phenylethylamine, a stimulant that conjures just the sort of subtle feelings of well-being and excitement that make sex seem like a great idea.
Watermelon Make yours a watermelon martini. The juicy
Why is it that we'll send Mom a bouquet of beautiful flowers for Mother's Day, but give Dad the dumbest stuff possible on his special day? Unless you've got a hate on for your pop, stay away from these cringe-worthy gifts.
1. Anything Homemade
Moms are wired to think anything you create is precious. Dads are not. At the end of the day, they're still dudes, which means that arts and crafts make their eyes glaze over. This also includes lame IOU coupons.
What to get him instead: There's one exception to this rule: If what you're making is edible (ie. cookies, brownies).
Your dad may have a goofy sense of humor, but no one thinks these things are that funny. So stay away from trash like dancing hamsters, "#1 Dad"-clad baseball caps, and cheesy neckties.
What to get him instead: "The Godfather Collection: The Coppola Restoration" DVD box set, $39.99
3. Anything that Says "Get to Work" or "Get inRead More »from 5 Worst Father's Day gifts
Icebreakers and conversation starters don't always have to be verbal. Here, five surprising props that can spark a fun interaction with a new guy.Read More »from 5 Items That Get a Guy's Attention
1. Anything With Wheels
A skateboard, a scooter, vintage roller skates-guys get turned on by mobile, adventurous chicks.
2. A Crossword Puzzle
Guys love to show off how smart they are. Look a little stumped and he'll jump at the chance to help out.
3. Tee Shirts That Show Your Sense of Humor
If your top reads "More Cowbell," he will assume you'll be a fun girl to hang with.
4. A Weird-Ass Drink
How about asking the bartender to fix you a Diablo Hell Fire Cocktail or a GoodNight Kiss? (Love cool, tasty drinks? Try one of these Cosmo Cocktail recipes!)
5. A Kindle
Right now, it's the technological equivalent of a puppy: Guys will want to hold it and play with it.
Have you had any luck attracting a guy with a prop, t-shirt, or anything else? Spill your guy-getting secrets below!
More from Cosmopolitan.com:
How to Find a Summer Fling
No, we're not referring to slobs in pitted-out tee shirts who have funky B.O. We're talking about guys who play hard, work hard, and don't back down when things heat up. Why do we like sweat so much? Let us count the ways....Read More »from Why We Love to See Guys Sweat
● If a guy is sweating, he's probably about to take off his shirt.
● A six-pack just looks better when it's glistening.
● Research shows that chemical-spiked perspiration is the closest thing to a love potion.
● Sweat presents the perfect excuse for a coed shower.
● David Beckham just out of the pool: sexy. Just off the field: glorious.
● Sweat makes a man's skin taste better than a margarita.
● A guy who works so hard that he has to wipe his brow is bound to have stamina in the bedroom.
● If he's sweaty, you don't need lube to make things slippery.
● The sexy construction worker/lumberjack/pool boy clichés? Sweat is the reason they exist.
More from Cosmopolitan.com:
Attract Hot Guys Like Crazy
Cosmo's Passion-Prop Game
Sexy Ways to Go Green
Stock your iPod with these summer tunes. They are hot, impossible to get out of your head, and always seem to end too soon. Just like a summer fling.
FOR A HOUSE PARTY...
- "Right Round" by Flo Rida
- "I Love College" by Asher Roth
- "Blame It" by Jamie Foxx featuring T-Pain
- "Love Sex Magic" by Ciara featuring Justin Timberlake
- "Heartless" by Kanye West
- "Halo" by Beyoncé
- "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz
- "If This Isn't Love" by Jennifer Hudson
- "Day 'n' Nite" by Kid Cudi
- "Te Amo" by Makano
- "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga
- "If U Seek Amy" by Britney Spears
- "I Do Not Hook Up" by Kelly Clarkson
- "Boom Boom Pow" by Black Eyed Peas
- "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks
- "Funny the Way It Is" by Dave Matthews Band
- "He Ain't Wit Me Now (Tho)" by Richgirl
- "El Amor" by Tito El Bambino
- "Seriously" by Crosby Loggins
Forget the psychic and Magic-8 Ball. Simply using these clear-headed strategies can ensure that you do the right thing.Read More »from 10 Rules for Making Better Decisions
1. Go with Your Gut Instincts
A study found that when making simple choices (like what cereal to buy), it pays to be rational. But when it comes to bigger ones (like which job to take), you're better off listening to your instincts. That's not to say you should buy a car on a whim, but if you have weighed the pros and cons and still can't reach a conclusion, let your snap judgment be the tiebreaker and go with what just feels right.
2. Get into a Stress-Free State
Go for a haircut right after you are laid off and you could wind up looking like Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men. The reason being, we tend to act rashly when we're nervous or upset. Research suggests that anxiety not only makes it more difficult to settle on something but also actually makes you more likely to come to the wrong conclusion. So if you're fighting with your boyfriend while choosing
- Cosmopolitan.com | Work + Money – Thu, May 28, 2009 6:48 PM EDT
Going on vacation together is always a mini milestone for a couple. But while you're thinking about moonlit beach walks, he's wondering about whether he can handle the round-the-clock togetherness.Read More »from 4 Rules You Better Follow When Traveling With Your Guy
Since he'll be sizing you up even on your downtime, you better follow these four rules to guarantee smooth sailing...and a return trip.
1. Pack Lightly Men don't want to date women with baggage...especially when they have to lug it. Also, when you pack six bags for a four-day trip, guys wonder if every outing will be a major undertaking. From a guy's perspective, a woman who packs lightly translates to being less high maintenance.
2. Be Yourself and Let It All Hang Out Somehow, strange little quirks seem more endearing when they're unveiled on vacation. So by all means, hang your good-luck horseshoe on the bungalow door. He'll love this about you. Why? When a man asks you to go away with him, he expects to get the real you, not the sanitized version. Your willingness to show your true
- Cosmopolitan.com | Love + Sex – Tue, May 26, 2009 4:56 PM EDT
Yeah yeah, we know that living your life and being happy is the best revenge. But these Cosmo-approved methods are much more fun...
1. Wait until you know he's dining with a new date, then call the restaurant and ask them to tell him that "his mother is on the phone and wants to know when he'll be home."
2. Start a blog called "Hilarious Things I Found in My Ex's Trash." Gain notoriety...and eventually land a book deal.
3. When you go over to his place to claim your assorted belongings, ask to use the bathroom...then squeeze out his shampoo and refill the bottle with Nair.
4. Pay a pregnant friend to pee on a stick that you leave for him with a "Thanks for nothing" note attached.
5. You know his best friend - the guy he can't live without? Show up at his apartment wearing only a trench coat.
6. Decorate his car with a bumper sticker that declares "Small Penis Onboard."
Have you ever taken revenge on an ex? Leave your confession below!