By Sarah Jio, Glamour magazine
Do you make a point of having citrus in the morning? I'm not talking about OJ, which is fine and dandy, but let's get fresher. Four reasons why citrus for breakfast is a smart way to start the day:
Why citrus in the a.m.? Let me count the ways:
1. It gives you a mega boost of vitamin C--great for keeping our immunity up.
2. It provides a boost of B vitamins and folic acid--great for our moods and our reproductive health.
3. Most citrus fruits are very good sources of fiber (read: filling!).
4. Citrus is also packed with antioxidants. In fact, new research found that tangerines are loaded with potent, unique heart-healthy antioxidants.
Do you tend to reach for citrus in the morning hours?
P.S. Eat this to curb late-night cravings, and good news about your bowl of cereal!
More from Glamour:
- 10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
- 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
- 8 Sex Moves Every Woman Should Try Once