Easter and crafts go hand-in-hand, so why not spotlight some seasonal creativity on the dining table. Follow these simple instructions to turn plain napkins and doilies into one-of-a-kind place settings. Photo by Emily Kate Roemer/Studio D; Prop styling by Gerri Williams.
Create bright colors first. Then, dye away!
TOTAL 5 min COST $11.95 (enough for a set of 12 napkins and doilies)
• Measuring cups
• Hot (not boiling) water
• Small bucket or plastic mixing bowl
• Rubber gloves
• Dust mask
• PRO Chemical and Dye Inc. Easter Decor Dye Kit (includes salt, activator, dyes and Synthrapol detergent, $11.95; ProChemicalAndDye.com)*
• Measuring spoons
• 8-oz jar with tight-fitting lid
• 16-oz jar with tight-fitting lid
1. Measure 8 cups hot water into the small bucket or mixing bowl.
2. Wearing the rubber gloves and dust mask (chemicals and dye are not dangerous, but still shouldn't be