There's more than one reason why the world can't get enough of this irresistible actor.At the mention of his name, a huge grin forms on my face. Show me a photo of him, and I can't help but let out a loaded sigh between a bitten lip. Play one of his movies for me, and the skin on my arms tightens, the soft hair on the back of my neck perks up, and a sharp tingle shoots down my spine, through my stomach and on to a place I cannot mention. That's the effect Ryan Gosling has on me - and I know I'm not alone.
In fact, in our recent Irresistible You survey, Gosling was voted the "Most Irresistible Male Celebrity." When we divided the votes up by gender, he was the top pick for women (tied with Channing Tatum) and the third top pick for men. That's right - the 31-year-old actor is hitting home runs on both sides of the field. Also Read: You Voted: And The Most Irresistible Celebrities Are...
As the one YourTango.com editor who makes her love for Ryan very loud and clear (and annoyingly so on a weekly basis), I felt it was my duty to try to explain why everyone is so
Blog Posts by YourTango.com
There's more than one reason why the world can't get enough of this irresistible actor.At the mention of his name, a huge grin forms on my face. Show me a photo of him, and I can't help but let out a loaded sigh between a bitten lip. Play one of his movies for me, and the skin on my arms tightens, the soft hair on the back of my neck perks up, and a sharp tingle shoots down my spine, through my stomach and on to a place I cannot mention. That's the effect Ryan Gosling has on me - and I know I'm not alone.Read More »from Why Ryan Gosling is the Perfect Man
- Why do some women put men's boxers on their heads after washing their hair? Read onYourTango.com's Irresistible You survey shows that women feel extra confident when they like what they see in the mirror. So of course we're going to try to make that mirror reflection look as attractive as possible! Sometimes that involves doing strange things. Think your beauty routine is weird? Next time your guy gives you a funny look for doing a face mask or waxing your upper lip, point him in the direction of this list. Here are five beauty rituals that are a little less than conventional. Do you dare try them?
Written by Samantha Escobar for YourTango.com.
More From YourTango.com:
- What Is 'Honey Sex', And Why Is It Bad For You?
- Would You Call This Woman Too Fat?
- The Number One Thing Men Find Attractive [VIDEO]
- What Do Men & Women Find Irresistible? [INFOGRAPHIC]
- A Happy Ending Massage For Women?
Is your little girl growing up too fast?Many young girls at the tender age of six are already beginning to think of sexiness and how it applies to them. These little girls may still be struggling with reading, writing, tantrums and all things childlike. But, unfortunately, "sexy" is also a concept that is already on their minds. Also Read: 3 Tips For Talking To Your Kids About SexRead More »from Young Girls Aspire to Be Sexy, Says New Study
According to a study by psychologists Christy Starr and Gail Ferguson at Knox College in Galesburg, Illinois, which was published in the journal Sex Roles, young girls value the concept of "sexiness." Specifically, 60 girls were each shown two dolls - one of which was dressed in sexy clothing while the other doll was dressed in a loose yet trendy outfit.
The girls were then asked to select the doll that they wanted to look like, the doll that they already looked like, the doll that they wanted to play with and the doll that looked like she would be popular in school. A significant majority of the girls chose the sexier-clad doll as the one that
- YourTango.com | Love + Sex – Wed, Jul 25, 2012 6:36 PM EDT
If you're strapped for cash but desperately need a vacation, try this creative alternative instead!Are you looking to plan a romantic getaway for you and your man? Instead of spending tons of money on an exotic, faraway location, check out these easy tips to have a focused vacation at home.Read More »from Cash-Strapped with Kids? Try a Sexual Staycation with Your Spouse This Summer
1. Plan ahead. The best way to pull off a staycation when you have kids is to make sure everything is planned beforehand. You do not want your spouse to have other plans for the weekend, so talk about it. Also Read: 5 Health Benefits Of Having Sex
2. Hire a sitter. If you have young children, you will want to hire a babysitter so you can fully enjoy yourself. If you do not have family that can help, consider exchanging the favor with friends. Invite their kids have a sleepover with yours one weekend and then ship yours off to their house. Either way, if you can get the kids out of your house for the weekend, you will have a much better time with your man.
3. Wear out the kids. If you simply can't find a sitter, the good news is that the kids will go to sleep … eventually. Spend the evening
- YourTango.com | Love + Sex – Wed, Jul 25, 2012 5:48 PM EDT
If you've ever struggled with an eating disorder, or know someone who has, then you can probably relate to today's question:
My wife is horribly ashamed of her weight. She doesn't diet and she won't control her portions, but she has begun throwing up after every meal. I'm concerned and I'm not sure what to do about it.
In this video, psychologist and YourTango Expert Dr. Susan Pazak explains what to do if someone you love demonstrates dangerously unhealthy behavior associated with body image and food. Also Read: Help! My Wife Wants Me To Stop Drinking [VIDEO]
"You may need an intervention," says Dr. Pazak, "... getting people that she loves to gather around to express [their] concerns for her." Want to learn more? Check out the video above.
More From YourTango.com:
- 7 Sex Positions Men Love
- How Does Being In A Relationship Affect Your Body?
- What Do Men & Women Find Irresistible? [INFOGRAPHIC]
A Happy Ending Massage For Women?
Men give us the lowdown on the women's perfumes and fragrances that turn them on. We as women care deeply about what we look-and smell like. Most of us have a special beauty regime that includes lathering our bodies with delicious smelling body wash and spraying ourselves with our favorite perfumes.Read More »from 10 Scents that Men Love
Luckily, men notice these little efforts and are drawn to specific scents in women. Are you curious as to what types of scents turn men on? Conveniently, we polled ten men and got the scoop on the perfumes and fragrances that make a woman absolutely irresistible. Keep reading to find out.
1. Coconut. "I love when a woman smells like coconut. It just reminds me of the sun, beach and vacation. What can be better than that?" -Mike, 41, Cocoa, Florida
2. Tommy Girl Lotion and Coco by Coco Chanel. "If I had to pick an actual product, it's a tie between Tommy Girl lotion and Coco by Coco Chanel. The former smells fresh, while the latter smells sexy and a touch dangerous." -Tom, 33, Atlanta, Georgia
3. Citrus. "I get really aroused when my girlfriend smells like oranges,
- YourTango.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Jul 24, 2012 5:20 PM EDT
Couplehood a little stale? Shake it up with our experts' advice!Is your long-term relationship feeling a little too ... long-term? Over time, it's only natural for couples to become quite comfortable with one another, but when things become too routine, too monotonous or too mundane, it's time to shake things up. According to YourTango.com's Irresistible You survey, 37% of YourTango readers polled agree that trying new things together is the best way to for couples to avoid becoming lazy or complacent in their relationships. Wanna know what our experts think you should do to beat complacency? Check out their suggestions below:Read More »from 18 Ways to Make a Long-Term Relationship Feel New Again
1. Look your partner in the eye. There is a yoga practice in which you look into your partner's eyes for three minutes without looking away. The eyes are the mirrors to the soul, and it's amazing how we cannot really look at or see each other. Once, I worked with a couple who had been married for thirty years, and they could not look into each others' eyes. It is surprising how deeply this action can reconnect you both. -
- YourTango.com | Love + Sex – Mon, Jul 23, 2012 9:44 PM EDT
In the beginning of your marriage, you and your husband couldn't keep your hands off each other. It was wedded bliss and the physical attraction between you two was undeniable. Lately, however, you haven't been feeling that same spark. You may wonder, does lust inevitably fade away?
In this video, author, relationship coach and YourTango Expert Charly Emery says it's common for women who have been married for many years to feel this way. It's easy to get caught up in life's daily activities, and, as a result, the fire you once felt for each fades. Also Read: 3 Questions To Ask Before Dating An Ex-Con
The solution? "... accept the fact that both of you got caught up in your day-to-day stuff," says Charly, "and be the one that's willing to commit to reinvest so that ... both of you [get] back on track."
Want to learn more? Check out the video above.
More From YourTango.com:Read More »from VIDEO: Help! I Don't Feel Attracted to My Husband Anymore
- In honor of July being National Nude Month, we're looking back at some of the most hilarious movie scenes involving nudity. Not only are these actors super funny and entertaining, but they're naked too!
Whether these flicks are about football, marriage or making love to a pie, the characters in them are stripping down to make us laugh out loud. Check out the gallery, then comment below on some of your favorite funny nude scenes:
Tell us: what's your favorite funny nude scene from a movie?
Written by Emily Longeretta for YourTango.com.
More From YourTango.com:
- Sign Up For Our Newsletter & Win An 'Irresistible You' eBook
- Help! I'm Cheating On My Husband: Am I A Bad Person? [VIDEO]
Weird Sex News: Woman Masturbates On Highway
- The Best Sex Advice On YourTango
What Is 'Honey Sex,' And Why Is It Bad For You?
- YourTango.com | Parenting – Mon, Jul 23, 2012 5:44 PM EDT
When it comes to teens and safe sex, an ounce of prevention can go a long way.I know you may be uncomfortable broaching the topic of condoms and safer sex with your teens. As a mom myself, I can tell you we've all been there.Read More »from Tips for Talking to Your Teen About Condoms and Sex
Most parents are not comfortable thinking about their teens having sex, much less talking to them about it. Also, social norms and religious beliefs make things more complicated and more emotionally charged. However, I cannot stress this enough that this may be the most important conversation you will have with your teens ... because it has the power to truly save their lives. Also Read: 3 Tips For Talking To Your Kids About Sex
As responsible and caring parents, we share our opinions on a range of topics. We monitor media, teach healthy eating, and immunize our babies. But, once our children hit the teen years, a lot of parents clam up and don't know what to do or when to do it. It makes perfect sense, as very few if any of us were ever properly educated on condoms and sexual safety ourselves. But, it is up to each of us to break this