Source: 9 Ways to Print Instagram PhotosInstagram is the easy way of creating dreamy iPhone photos in a flash. The filters work their magic so well that nearly every picture comes out looking like a keepsake. Making those memories permanent can be just easy with these tools for turning Instagram photos into a lasting work of art.
1. Printstagram - The company offers multiple ways to print Instagram photos, but the 20-x40-inch posters will make the most stunning addition to a living room wall. Between 50-400 photos are arranged in a clean grid on thick, archival paper for $25.
2. Blurb - Haven't looked at a photo album in awhile? Blurb brings back what now seems like an antiquated way of sharing photos with a modern, Instagram twist. Softcover books with 20 pages of Instagram photos runs $11 and a hardcover is $22. Christmas present, perhaps?
3. Postagram - A fun way to show people you're thinking of them, Postagram mails a postcard with popout Instagram photo and message to friends
Blog Posts by POPSUGAR Tech
Source: 9 Ways to Print Instagram PhotosInstagram is the easy way of creating dreamy iPhone photos in a flash. The filters work their magic so well that nearly every picture comes out looking like a keepsake. Making those memories permanent can be just easy with these tools for turning Instagram photos into a lasting work of art.Read More »from 9 Ways to Print Instagram Photos
- POPSUGAR Tech | Work + Money – Tue, Nov 29, 2011 12:42 PM EST
Source: 5 Ways Tech Can Help You Save Money While Traveling
Summer may seem like the biggest travel season of the year, if you're headed abroad, cross country, or to far-off locales, travel time is ripe 365 days a year. Unfortunately, traveling can also have you racking up the charges on your credit card, but with these handy tech tips, you can save money while on the road now, or any time!
- Track down free WiFi - There's a number of US airports that offer free WiFi in the terminals (and more being added all the time), which can save you big money if you need to stay connected. Also, there's plenty of WiFi options getting to and from the terminal. Just don't use that mysterious "Free Public WiFi" signal - it could spell trouble.
- Get a Google Voice number - Getting a Google Voice number can help you save big bucks on international and domestic calls wherever you are - rates start at just two cents a minute, and calls to US and Canadian landlines are free! Plus, you can
The holiday season is quickly approaching, but before you start making your shopping list and checking it twice, take a look at where this year's tech trends are headed. You might find some inspiration for awesome gifts your tech-addicted loved ones will remember for years to come.
Follow GeekSugar on Twitter
Become a Fan of GeekSugar on FacebookRead More »from 2011 Holiday Tech and Accessories Trends
Source: Tech Your Parents Tech: A Facebook Safety Primer
Visiting your family over the holidays is a joyous occasion . . . even if you do spend half of your time setting up your parents' WiFi, teaching them about Twitter, and schooling them on the ins and outs of Facebook. Fact is, Facebook is filled with hackers just waiting to get their hands on your parent's information in order to spam their friends, or worse - get a hold of their private info to aid in identity theft. Help your parents stay on the safe side by emphasizing these safety and privacy rules on Facebook.
- Privacy Controls Walk your parents through Facebook's new privacy controls so they can keep private information on lockdown, and to learn how they can decide which of their friends, colleagues, and acquaintances sees which posts.
- Backing Up Their Data Just in case their Facebook accounts are compromised, or to keep copies of their many Facebook pics, help your parents figure out how to back up their
iPhone 4S Trade-InSource: How to Trade in Your iPhone For Cash
We're just days away from the iPhone 4S launch, and if you've finally decided to take the plunge and upgrade from your year-old iPhone 4, don't worry - there are ways for you to trade up without having to sell your iPhone online. These outlets are trading iPhone 4s for cash, so start planning accordingly.
- Apple - Apple is offering up gift cards in exchange for iPhone 4s in working condition. Exchange values will vary depending on scratches, battery charges, and whether you've supplied the power cord.
- Nextworth - Get cash for your iPhone 4 through this company that accepts phones via mail and sends you payment via PayPal or check.
- Target - Target is also working alongside Nextworth to offer customers trade-in values at their mobile locations or online and payment in Target gift cards, which can be used to buy the new iPhone 4S in store.
- Radio Shack - The Shack offers in-store trading in exchange for cash
Source: How-to: Send Large Digital Files
The convenience of USB drives and burning CDs only go so far. When you need to send large pictures, videos, or documents immediately, these relatively antiquated solutions just don't go the distance. Large file sharing requires the extra power of web services that send multi-MB data in a flash. Though there are dozens of file sharing sites available on the web, these are the ones we find to be the easiest and fastest solutions.
- Adobe SendNow - Adobe's file sending software offers free uses up to 100MB, but paid plans start at just $10 and offer many premium options. With a paid plan, send multiple files at once, up to 2GB, and the service provides a confirmation that the file was received, so you're not fretting from your side of the Internet. An optional desktop app is available to easily drag and drop files to share.
- Box - Sign up for an individual free account to store 5GB of data on the web and send files up to 25MB.
- POPSUGAR Tech | Work + Money – Mon, Oct 17, 2011 7:16 PM EDT
iPhone 4SSource: iPhone 4S Buying Guide: Pros and Cons, and Who Should Buy
Still debating whether or not to spring for the new iPhone 4S tomorrow? While it does come with some shiny new hardware (and software) inside, not everyone will benefit from an upgrade. Debate no more - here, the pros and cons of the new smartphone, complete with a verdict on who should buy it and who should skip it.
- New camera - The 8MP camera with simple editing features (crop, rotate, enhance, and red-eye reduction), a backside illumination sensor, and larger aperture (for better low-light and white balance correction) make the iPhone 4S's camera one that competes with regular point-and-shoots. It will also come with face detection and image stabilization and the ability to capture HD 1080p video.
- Faster processor - The custom A5 chip in the iPhone 4S is the same one you'll find on the iPad 2, which means the iPhone 4S will be faster in processing speeds, games, and downloads.
Source: 4 Reasons to Skip the iPhone 4S
If newer is always better, why were so many geeks disappointed by yesterday's iPhone 4S announcement? Rumors had been swirling of a fantastic new iPhone 5 for months, so seeing the same ole form factor with a few souped-up parts was a letdown for some. Though there are plenty of reasons to buy the iPhone 4S, here are a few reasons to wait it out for the next version:
- No 4G - Still no 4G on the iPhone 4S. This is unfortunate, but you may not have to wait too much longer to get fast download speeds on your iDevice - analysts believe that Apple is waiting for better LTE chips before adding them into the iPhone, which could be as soon as early next year.
- No NFC - Mobile payments on the iPhone will have to wait as Apple has excluded NFC (near-field communication) technology on the latest iPhone model. Of course, this won't be a deal breaker for some of you who said you wouldn't use it anyway.
- All those leaked case images -
- POPSUGAR Tech | Work + Money – Thu, Sep 29, 2011 1:45 AM EDT
Source: 10 Productivity Guides That'll Help Alleviate Stress
Mondays are almost always manic and seem especially rough when they mark the start of a month. Manage your stress this month- and better enjoy the last magical moments of Summer - by taking some time early in the month of August to organize your technology so it can help you stay on track. Here are some helpful techie guides to help you get through the month.
- Email Yourself Important Numbers - Send yourself an email with that locker combo, to-do list, holiday gift guides, and your brother-in-law's shoe size so you always have the deets in your email archives.
- Use Your Cell Phone's Camera to Make Your Life Easier - Having a cell phone with a camera isn't just a fun feature - it can make your life easier and help you remember little things you'd otherwise forget.
- Download Productivity Apps - Stay on track with the help of automatic reminders and to-do lists.
- Guide to Getting Organized Online
- POPSUGAR Tech | Work + Money – Thu, Sep 29, 2011 1:36 AM EDT
Source: Extend the Life of Your Computer With These Care Tips
If your laptop is still in working order, you probably don't need to spring for that brand-new MacBook Air this season before you head back to class. Nonetheless, the start of a new school year (or just Fall in general) is a good time to spruce up your trusty laptop and get it ready for the long nights of studying ahead. Here, a few tips on how to get your machine in tip-top shape before the first bell rings, and how to care for a brand new investment so it serves you well for the next four years.
- Clean it Up Giving your laptop (or desktop) a thorough cleaning is essential to extending its life. Back up any data you may already have stored (on an external hard drive or portable flash drive), organize your desktop icons, empty your computer's trash on a regular basis, and clear out any programs you don't use. This will help free up space and keep you on the fast track to productivity.
- Practice proper shut-down