Fabio gives away the secret on how to choose and cook the perfect steak.
- The right cooking technique will improve any piece of meat -- leaner meats are best for roasting or grilling, fattier meat are good for braising and broiling.
- Marbling determines how juicy your steak will be.
- Always let the steak reach room temperature before cooking.
- Searing 101: sear at a high heat immediately to crisp the outside of the steak. Turn the heat lower once the second side has seared to maintain the melt-in-your mouth pink on the inside.
- Using a fresh herb brush to brush oil on to the steak will infuse the steak with amazing fresh flavors.
The perfect steak
THE PERFECT STEAK
Recipe by Fabio Viviani
Yields 2 servings
20 oz. Bone-in rib eye
Pepper to taste
2 Tbsp. plus 2-4 Tbsp. EVOO
3 cloves garlic
1 sprig rosemary
1 sprig thyme
Salt to taste
1 Tbsp. butter
Season the steak with pepper on both sides.
Heat skillet over medium high heat until very hot.
Add 2 Tbsp. EVOO to the pan andRead More »from The Perfect Steak