Read More »from 7 of the Fastest-Rising Baby Boy Names of 2013
Blog Posts by Disney Baby
- I love baby names (theoretical baby names, that is - picking one for my actual children has been surprisingly difficult). Because we have two girls and knew in advance of their births that they were female, I haven't spent as much time looking at or thinking about boy names, so I loved taking a few minutes to check out this great list of baby boy names. These are the names that are shooting fastest up the Social Security names list; you'll see a lot of unique names here. My favorite? Remington. Which one do you like most? - By Janssen Bradshaw
Read More »from 7 of the Fastest-Rising Baby Boy Names of 2013
10 reasons I love being a young mom
With a little help from my surrounding culture, I was convinced that I'd never be successful, never have money, and never have a long-lasting relationship with my then-boyfriend (now-husband). Everything I ever envisioned for myself was quietly fading, leaving me alone, scared, with absolutely no certainty in life.
Except for the fact that I had a child growing in my body.
Yet now, looking back, I realize how perfect that timing really was. It taught me more about myself, about life, than I ever thought I needed to know - and it also made me realize that becoming a mother at any age comes with positive perks.
Here are 10 reasons I love being a younger mom:
1. Less Lifestyle AdjustmentRead More »from 10 Reasons I Love Being a Young Mom
I wasn't used to a certain amount of discretionary income, or spur-of-the-moment vacations, or
- Face it - if there's anything you love almost as much as your baby, it's the Internet. Where else would we find parenting inspiration, advice and tips for baby-rearing in the 21st century? In celebration of the impact the Internet has made on our world in such a relatively short time, I've rounded up these 7 baby names inspired by the tech world at large. Tell me, which is your favorite? - By Erin Loechner
Read More »from 7 Baby Names Inspired by the Tech World
7 ways having a baby brought us closer
We thought we were a pretty solid couple before having kids, but having a baby changes everything. And this time, I'm talking about it changing for the better! We have found so many ways that having a child has brought us closer. Here are my 7 favorites…
1. Watching Each Other Be Goofy
Now, my husband is a really funny guy. But he's always been funny in an intelligent-and-witty sort of way. Now I get to see him be funny in a goofy-and-childlike way. Which is just so full of joy. Big smiles.
2. Quality Time
We spent a lot of time together when it was just the two of us. But I'm not sure we ever put as much effort into spending quality time and making family memories before. Our son inspires us to go out and have fun together.
Related: 48 cool baby names OUTSIDE the top 1,000 list
3. Learning to Be More Selfless
If there is anything having a baby teaches you quickly, it is how to be more giving to someone else and more selfless. That type of loving generosity in our house has brought us allRead More »from 7 Ways Having a Baby Brought Us Closer
- Disney Baby | Team Mom – Wed, Aug 14, 2013 3:49 PM EDT
7 simple ways for mamas to get In the hustle and bustle of the everyday, many mamas tend to lose sight of themselves and their needs. Being a parent is a selfless (and often thankless) job and there is always something that needs to be done. A load of laundry to do, errands to run, snacks to be made, work projects to finish…some days it seems never-ending.Read More »from 7 Sneaky Ways Any Mom Can Get Some Time for Herself
But, even when it seems like there's no hope for finding any "me time" in your busy schedule, it is so important to squeeze it in. Sometimes your "me time" may involve leaving the house, but sometimes it may be something small, yet perfectly indulgent, being squeezed in during nap time. Whatever the case, finding "me time" as a mama is an important part of staying balanced, and even though it may feel like it is taking way from your motherly "duties," it will actually help you come back refreshed and better able to be the best mama you can be. Here are a few ideas for squeezing in some "me time" as a mama - things that I like to do and that you might too!
- Disney Baby | Team Mom – Wed, Aug 14, 2013 3:34 PM EDT
Geeky baby gift ideas.Are you a totally tech savvy parent-to-be? Register your baby's domain name online! Learn more about how to buy a domain name, domain name lookups, and securing your little one's future online presence.
What Exactly is a Domain Name?Related: 20+ tech-inspired baby names your inner "nerd" will appreciate!
A domain name (also called a domain URL) is basically a website address. My personal website for my own name is simply www.keikozoll.com. When researching your baby's domain name, it would look something like www.yourbabysname.com.
Why Should I Buy My Baby's Domain Name?Read More »from Buying Baby's Domain Name? Here Are 6 Things You Should Know
As we live in an ever-connected, always-online world, it's important to stake out your online territory. You don't want your name appropriated online by someone else, do you? The same goes for your baby, whether your little one has a common or unique name. The cost of most .com websites is fairly cheap on an annual basis; usually, the more years you buy at once, the cheaper the annual renewal cost each year. Domain
- My second daughter is eight months old this week, and I've suddenly realized that, quite without consciously thinking about it, I've done a number of things differently with her than I did with my first child. For one thing, I'm not a first-time mom this time. I also have a toddler thrown into the mix this time, which means I have less undivided time and arms to parent with. And, of course, my baby is her own little person, with her very own personality and preferences. Here are some things I've done differently this time around (and what a few other second-time moms have done differently as well! - By Janssen Bradshaw
Read More »from What I'm Doing Differently with My Second Child
MORE ON DISNEY BABY
Play ball! 50 baby names inspired by baseball
Top 40 baby names from 100 years ago
50 of the cutest twin baby names
- For a lot of couples, expecting twins means twice the magic that comes with having one baby. Pregnancy daydreams are filled with images of double strollers, sibling outfits and much thought is given to the perfect names for the sweet pair. Having two babies means two names will have to be selected, and to help give parents who are expecting two little loves, I've rounded up some of the cutest names for two. Take a look! - By Krishann Briscoe
Read More »from 7 Pairs of Twin Names that Match but Aren't Tacky
- Disney Baby | Team Mom – Mon, Aug 12, 2013 2:08 PM EDT
Real moms shareFirst birthdays are a pretty big deal, especially when you're a first time parent. For a lot of us there is a lot of hype surrounding the occasion, and after the fact there are definitely things we'd want to do a little differently or things we would pass on to others that worked well. So I polled some of my favorite mom bloggers who had already undergone the big first birthday bash, and asked them the question, "What are your best tips for parents planning a first birthday?" I expected most of them to suggest things I'd already thought of, but it was so great to see that almost all of the mamas came up with something different, and I definitely got some great ideas myself! So here you have it: Tips from veteran mamas so you can make your little one's first birthday a smashing (and stress-free) success!
Related: 2013 early trend forecast for baby names
1. A few things…Read More »from 9 Things You Should Know Before Throwing a 1st Birthday Party
"Little party favors are a great way to distract other kids while the birthday kid opens gifts. 2. Don't go crazy
- Baby girl names of 2013 are all about being unique. The big trends this year are different spellings, names ending in -Lynn, names with spiritual meanings, and of course, names inspired by celebrities and pop culture. These aren't the most popular girl names for 2013, but the top "new" or unique names. Click through to see 7 of the top new baby girl names of 2013… - By Lacy Stroessner
Read More »from Top 7 New Baby Girl Names of 2013