- Ali Wentworth | Daily Shot | Fri, Mar 7, 2014 4:28 PM EST | Comments
Improv music troupe Freestyle Love Supreme can turn just about anything into a lyrical hip-hop masterpiece. Lin-Manuel Miranda, Chris Sullivan, and Utkarsh Ambudkar, three of the group's members, joined Ali for an interview-meets-jam session.
WATCH: Ali Learns to Beatbox
The guys delivered a freestyle rap about reality show "The Bachelor" that, frankly, you just have to see to believe. They also earned the distinction of being the first "Daily Shot" guests to effectively work "Stephanopoulos" into an epic rhyme about our host.
The group, which started at New York City's Peoples Improve Theater almost 10 years ago, creates freestyle rap songs based off of audience suggestions, turning them into wild and hilarious musical numbers. Saturday night at 10 p.m., they make their TV debut with their special on Pivot TV.
"We don't pay the rent doing this. This has always been the thing we do for fun," Lin-Manuel says. Outside of Frees...Read More »
- Ali Wentworth | Daily Shot | Fri, Mar 7, 2014 11:07 AM EST | CommentsEveryone wants to look seven years younger, and a few small lifestyle changes can set you on your way to actually achieving that youthful goal. Good Housekeeping Nutrition Director Samantha Cassetty is the author of "7 Years Younger: The Anti-Aging Breakthrough Diet," and she shares seven tips to get on the road to better health.
1. Eat more produce: "Twenty-five percent of people admit that they don't eat any produce," she explains. "That's a major mistake. You're missing out on all those antiaging nutrients."
2. Learn how to locate sugar: "Sugar is a skin-wrecker," Samantha says. "You want to look for words like honey, agave, brown rice syrup, fruit juice concentrate, evaporated cane juice. Some things that sound really innocent are actually sugar, and your body processes all sugar the same way."
3. Don't skip meals: Even if you're not super hungry in the morning, have breakfast. "It's just something to get your metabolism revved up," she says....Read More »
- Ali Wentworth | Daily Shot | Fri, Mar 7, 2014 10:49 AM EST | Comments
Are you stocking up your salad with so many toppings that the greens disappear? With all of the extra calories, why bother eating a salad in the first place? Lauren Slayton is a registered dietician and author of "The Little Book of Thin," and she has some tips to get your salad back in shape.
1. Reduce the bling. While extra toppings like avocado, cheese, and nuts make your salad delicious, Lauren says to allow yourself just "one treat per salad" to avoid extra calorie bombs.
2. Ditch the bottled salad dressing. "You're basically adding spoonfuls of sugar or salt onto your salad," she explains. Get into the habit of making your own dressing to forgo extra calories and preservatives.
3. Use walnut oil. Walnut is the "only nut that has omega-3s, which are those good fats that are in fish," she says.
4. Try apple cider vinegar. "It's great in terms of keeping our blood sugar stable," Lauren says....Read More »
- Ali Wentworth | Daily Shot | Thu, Mar 6, 2014 9:50 AM EST | Comments
Just a few weeks ago on "The Big Bang Theory," Mayim Bialik's character, Amy Farrah Fowler, was about to give up on any sort of intimacy with boyfriend Sheldon. Then, the special Valentine's Day episode brought the two together with a much-anticipated first kiss.
"It was sweet," Mayim says about the earnest smooch. "It's not just a big deal for us as characters, but as actors, that's a big step for us to have to take. It was very special."
WATCH: Will & Grace Reunited
Mayim gushed about her talented co-stars and shared her votes for cast superlatives on "The Big Bang Theory."
Class clown? "Simon Helberg is one of the funniest people I've ever worked with," she says of the actor who plays aerospace engineer Howard Wolowitz.
Most gullible? "That would be me," she confesses. "I'm kind of the dopiest."
Miss Congeniality? "Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting."
What about the biggest flirt? "I flirt with Simon sometimes," Mayim coyly admits. "He's funny!"
W...Read More »
- Ali Wentworth | Daily Shot | Wed, Mar 5, 2014 10:50 AM EST | Comments
With the entire second season of Netflix's "House of Cards" episodes released at once, it's easy to fall into a major binge session. Sakina Jaffrey, who plays White House Chief of Staff Linda Vasquez on the hit drama, explained a curious watch trend that has viewers all over the country getting themselves into trouble.
"It's called 'Netflix infidelity,'" Sakina says about couples who commit to watch the show together, only to have one partner secretly watch ahead. "It's a sickness that is taking over the nation, I believe. For certain people, there is a decorum that's set in, and you really follow that decorum. You do not go past a certain point, and if you do, you don't tell anybody what's happened."
One thing Sakina is telling everyone is that she — like the rest of America — has a crush on co-star Robin Wright, who plays Claire Underwood on the show. "I knew I had a girl crush when I was thinking, 'Can she just walk down that off...Read More »