Leech therapy ... really, Demi?!Stressed out? Looking to clear up blemished skin? Modern medicinal treatments aren't your only answer. Many of Hollywood's leading ladies swear by alternative medicine to cure everything from cancer to stress. Interested in going natural, yourself? Seven celebs share their natural (and often bizarre) cures for ailments ...
1. Demi Moore: Leech Therapy
To keep her body healthy, Demi Moore turns to the healing power of ... wait for it ... leeches. On the Late Show With David Letterman, Moore admitted to undergoing leech therapy in Austria to "detoxify the blood." She said: "They have a little enzyme that when they're biting down on you, gets released into your blood and generally you bleed for quite a bit, and your health is optimized ... I'm feeling detoxified right now."
2. Gwyneth Paltrow: Chinese Cupping
Back in 2004, Paltrow revealed her secret to having radiant skin and staying stress-free - Chinese cupping. Described by the BBC as "a kind of acupuncture," the practice involves
Leech therapy ... really, Demi?!Stressed out? Looking to clear up blemished skin? Modern medicinal treatments aren't your only answer. Many of Hollywood's leading ladies swear by alternative medicine to cure everything from cancer to stress. Interested in going natural, yourself? Seven celebs share their natural (and often bizarre) cures for ailments ...Read More »from 7 Celebs Who Believe in Holistic Healing
Read More »from Top 20 Best Foods for Your Brain
By Sara Ost
Simply put, your brain likes to eat. And it likes powerful fuel: quality fats, antioxidants, and small, steady amounts of the best carbs. On a deadline? Need to rally? Avoid the soda, vending machine snacks and tempting Starbucks pastries and go for these powerful brain boosters instead. The path to a bigger, better brain is loaded with Omega-3 fats, antioxidants, and fiber. Give your brain a kick start: eat the following foods on a daily or weekly basis for results you will notice.
20 foods that will supercharge your brain:
1. Avocado Start each day with a mix of high-quality protein and beneficial fats to build the foundation for an energized day. Avocado with scrambled eggs provides both, and the monounsaturated fat helps blood circulate better, which is essential for optimal brain function. Worst alternative: a trans-fat-filled, sugar-laden cream cheese Danish. Green it: you don't need to buy an organic avocado - conventional is fine. But make sure your supplementary
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST