Craft impressive Halloween jack-o'-lanterns with our easy design, carving, and cleanup tips
by Kendra Vizcaino-Lico, Epicurious; photos by Sara Bonisteel
If you take some precautions, use the proper tools, plan ahead, and pick your pumpkin wisely, you can save yourself a world of trouble and carve an impressive ghoulish gourd.
Read on for tips on choosing the right pumpkins and 10 steps to crafting the perfect Halloween decoration.
See more: Healthy Comfort Recipes for Any Day
4 TIPS FOR PICKING THE PERFECT PUMPKIN
When selecting a carving tool, bigger isn't always better. Larger cutting tools like chef's knives give you less...Read More »
- Fri, Oct 5, 2012 3:00 PM EDT | CommentsThrowing a Halloween party? Let the planning begin with this collection of ghoulishly wonderful Halloween parties that are sure to inspire you and help you plan one scary (in a good way!) shindig. Spooky silhouettes, spiderwebs and martini glasses bubbling with witches brew are only a few of the bone-chilling ideas people have come up with. Without further ado, here are 7 ways to throw the creepiest Halloween party ever! - By Jacinda Boneau
MORE ON BABBLE
25 totally inappropriate Halloween costumes for kids
Eyeball soup, spider cupcakes, and 33 more spooktacular recipes
30 unexpected pumpkin creations -- crafts, recipes, and more!
- Fri, Oct 5, 2012 4:18 PM EDT | Comments
Would you dare to get married on the scariest day of the year? These five couples did! Browse the slideshow for tons of spooktacular ideas.
More from Bridal Guide:
- Fri, Oct 5, 2012 5:20 PM EDT | CommentsTrick and treat your neighbors with these wicked ways to transform your front door, porch, or yard for Halloween.
See more from CountryLiving.com:
16 Homemade Halloween Costumes »
40 Spooky Halloween Decor Ideas »
Delicious Halloween Cupcake Recipes »
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.
- Mon, Oct 1, 2012 2:34 PM EDT | CommentsNow that it's October, fall is in full swing and it's time to start thinking about my favorite holiday... Halloween! Although I adore dressing up in costume every year, I have to admit that my favorite part of the season is decorating my home. I love mixing the spooky themes of Halloween with the naturally beautiful colors of fall to spruce up my home for the season. Whether you're hosting a big party, preparing for trick-or-treaters, or simply adding a few festive touches for your own enjoyment, here are 10 easy ways to decorate your home for Halloween. - By Jacinda Boneau
MORE ON BABBLE
10 things you need to host the creepiest Halloween party EVER
Eyeball soup, spider cupcakes, and more! 30+ Halloween-inspired recipes
10 ways to decorate your front porch with pumpkins
PICK OF THE DAY
- Anatomy of a Candy Corn Oreo Healthy Living