2. You are not invincible.
3. Even if you have friends with superhuman running powers that do all the things you're not "supposed" to, it doesn't mean it won't happen to you.
4. Doctors don't know everything.
5. What's best for person x may not be best for you.
6. It doesn't matter what any doctor says - only you know if you're getting better and when it's time to get back into action.
Related: 10 surprising benefits of taking a walk
7. Rest is evil.
8. Rest is oh-so-necessary.
9. You will not spontaneously combust if you do not exercise for a week. Or a month. Or FIVE.
10. Not all doctors are created equal.
11. When all else fails, keep finding something else to try.
12. Don't give up. Don't ever give up.
Got anything to add to the list?
Photo source: Heather Neal
-By Heather NealFor 13 more things I learned (the hard way) about running Read More »from 12 Things I’ve Learned (the Hard Way) About Running Injuries