I've considered 2013 the year of improving my marriage. After a rather rocky start to learning the rules of writing about love and relationships (short lesson: don't write about any problems about your marriage online), I started to get in the swing of things a bit. In all honesty, after three kids in four years and a few bumps in the road, I started to feel like a whole new wife and woman again. I felt connected to my husband in a way that made our marriage seem so brand new again. We felt connected, we were laughing even in the midst of sick kids and diaper changes, and we spent time simply sitting and talking in front of our fireplace. But then again, 2014 is going to be a whole new year, and it's looking like it will be a year full of challenges, adventures, and a little more stress on our marriage. December 29th marks our 6th wedding anniversary, and I am determined to keep our love going strong. So in the spirit of the new year and a marriage made anew, click through for 7Read More »from 7 Relationship Resolutions Every Couple Should Make for 2014
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – Fri, Dec 27, 2013 11:34 AM EST
- Bridal Guide | Love + Sex – Fri, Dec 27, 2013 8:11 AM EST
Which of these engaged couples will make it official in the new year? Here, we predict the 10 celebrity couples most likely to tie the knot in 2014.
More from Bridal Guide:
Which Celebrities Will Get Engaged Next?
The Hottest New Wedding Trends for 2014
30 Unexpected Wedding Costs Brides Forget to Budget For
New Must-Have Photos with Your Groom
Avoid the 7 Deadly Bridal Sins
By Kristen KleinRead More »from Our Predictions: Biggest Celebrity Weddings of 2014
- Astrology.com Tarot | Love + Sex – Thu, Dec 26, 2013 3:06 PM EST
The Chariot card suggests that you should find the appropriate arena in which to express yourself or take some action. However, don't assume that your partner or love interest knows where you are coming from or you could find yourself frantically spinning your wheels over the same old issues or putting on a show for attention. Plan ahead and hold your ground if you want a proposition to be well received. Read More »from Astrology.Com Daily Love Tarot - Friday December 27, 2013
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – Thu, Dec 26, 2013 1:12 PM EST6 Relationship Mistakes to Avoid on New Year's EveWhether single, married, or divorced, the holiday stress can get to any woman. It's the gift buying. It's the pressure to entertain. It's meeting his parents and traveling. For many single women, the stress comes along when bombarded with questions about "what's his name." Whatever happened to him anyway? They ask. You'll be hiding behind the Christmas tree all night. It's no wonder we make mistakes during the holiday season. It doesn't matter if you have a black belt or are a mother of four, women freak out during this time of year. I've made many mistakes. I've become crazy-dramatic.
The craziest relationship blunder I made was rekindling a romance with an ex from college. Yup, I'm talking about Mr. Big Man on Campus. It was an off-and-on relationship for years. On December 31, 2008, we were back on. It should have stayed off. But there's something about the holidays, particularly New Year's Eve, that blinds us. So don't do whatRead More »from 6 Relationship Mistakes to Avoid on New Year's Eve
- YouBeauty.com | Love + Sex – Thu, Dec 26, 2013 11:22 AM ESTStart the new year off right by making you relationships count.As 2013 comes to a close, many of us are taking stock of the important things in our lives. Am I doing well at work? Am I healthy? Do I have enough money and am I saving as much as I can? Did I keep any of my New Year's resolutions from last year?
I'd like to suggest that all mental reviews of 2013 also consider your relationships. There's good scientific evidence that having meaningful and fulfilling high quality relationships is among the best predictors of happiness. I am not talking about simply having a great boyfriend or wife, I am talking about the whole enchilada of your relationship experiences-with your parents, your friends, your kids and your lovers.
All these relationships count toward your happiness. I've said this before in my columns, but it's worth repeating: One of the best things you can do for your health and happiness is cultivate great relationships.
With this fact in mind and as the year comes to an end, it makes perfect sense to see if there are ways toRead More »from Decide Which Relationships to Keep in the New Year
Snowman on frozen Lake Saimaa, Puumala, FinlandThere are many ways to love someone. We can love them in gigantic dramatic demonstrations and we can love them in what some would deem inconsequential little ways and sometimes in the way that lay in between the two. Each is good and worth it and needed.
Some people expect grand gestures and then are disappointed when loving is a bit more simple. There is a buildup, an anticipation in gift giving and receiving as if the size of the gift, the cost, the contemplation of what would be most perfect or the ordeal of finding the ultimate prize and then presenting it in a flourish of colored ribbons and shiny paper. Yet, the actual gift is not the important thing. It is not even the thought that counts; it is the love behind the thought. A gift, no matter how small is huge with the love that it is given with and received with. There should be no disappointment.
Gifts are not necessarily something material. The definition is: something given voluntarily without payment in return, as toRead More »from 'tis a Gift..
- Babble.com | Love + Sex – Tue, Dec 24, 2013 11:30 AM ESTMy Wife Banned Me from Video GamesMy wife thinks she can ground a 30-something-year-old man from video games - that's right, Addie gets to tell her friends that mom grounded dad. Let's get past the first hurdle here: Why is a 30-something-year-old man still playing video games? Well, I don't play video games very often. In fact, there was a period of around five years, after my first child was born, when I didn't play video games at all. But then one of my friends got me hooked on a game called Assassin's Creed.
I only play Assassin's Creed when the developer comes out with a new game in the series, which is about once a year. Also, at the start of each football season, I'll get hooked on Madden for a few weeks. Outside of that, my video game console is mostly used as a fancy Blu Ray player.
Unfortunately, the latest installment of Assassin's Creed came out at the end of October and I've been fascinated with it ever since. I am still a few days away from beating the game and being done with it forever.Read More »from Grounded Dad: Why My Wife Banned Me from Video Games
- Cosmopolitan.com | Love + Sex – Mon, Dec 23, 2013 7:08 PM EST"I love that outfit, you're so brave." I'm wearing a bodycon dress, not saving twenty-seven handicapped orphans from a burning schoolhouse.
By Anna Breslaw
1. You look so skinny!
As opposed to before, when you had Velveeta running through your veins instead of blood.
2. You look so healthy!
You look fatter than you did last time I saw you.
3. [if your hair is not straight naturally, but you straightened it for a day] Your hair looks so good today!
When you tone down your unique physical attributes to align with conventional beauty standards, you actually look kinda pretty!
4. You're pretty for an [ethnic group.]
Thanks? You're about as ugly as most racists are.
5. Your shoes look so comfortable.
Ew, those are such sad "I-don't-even-try-to-be-a-woman-anymore baby boomer hag with three wolf moon t-shirts who lurk in the self-help section of Barnes & Noble" clogs.
6. You're such a strong person.Read More »from A Complete Translated List of 16 Backhanded Compliments
If I had experienced the series of misfortunes that comprise your miserable, lonely
- Source: Girlie Party Ideas to Get Into the Holiday Spirit
If you're feeling a little scroogey transitioning into the cold month of yuletide and mistletoe, get a little help from your friends. The best part of the season is spending quality time with the people you love - a sentiment that can get lost in the crowds at the mall. We've rounded up some of our favorite holiday party ideas fit for girlfriends that will have you ready to go door-to-door Christmas caroling (well, or something like that). Check them out below, and feel free to share your ideas in the comments!
Holiday crafting party: Have your favorite crafting buddies over to make some holiday decor. Everyone ends up with their own DIY project to dress their home, like this easy-to-make mason jar glitter candle or personalized snowglobe.
Christmas movie marathon: Grab some cozy blankets, gather 'round the tree, and get your Christmas movie marathon on! We especially love the oldies but goodies like White Christmas, ARead More »from Girlie Party Ideas to Get into the Holiday Spirit
- POPSUGAR Love & SexSource: 6 Ways to Find Alone Time During the Holidays
Christmas is almost here, and spending time with family can be the best - and worst - part of the holidays. Cramped quarters, conflicting personalities, and childhood baggage means tensions can run high, especially when you don't have any time to yourself. But with a little creativity, you can find ways to squeeze in alone time, and avoid a meltdown. Here are a few:
- Offer to be the errand-runner: If you're craving a little time to yourself, speak up when your mom mentions she's out of sugar. Even a few minutes in the car blasting music (or just sitting in silence) can be enough to pull you back from the brink.
- Go for a walk: Can't take another second of togetherness around the fire? Suggest a brisk after-dinner walk. True, you usually can't get away with doing this one all by yourself, but even the most grating of family members can be more palatable outdoors in the crisp air. And if all else fails, walk fast.
- Put on
- 10 Self-Help Books for the New GenerationMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:38 PM EST
- Do You Have the Most Vivid Memories from Your Life from Age 15 to 25?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 11:35 AM EST
- Is Your Gym Making You Sick?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 10:10 AM EST
- Better Together: 4 Reasons Why I'm Glad My Kids Share a RoomTue, Feb 5, 2013 2:51 PM EST
- Is Lisa Ling's Father a Pothead?Tue, Feb 5, 2013 3:29 PM EST
- Nerding Out in Nature: One Smart Phone. Two Kids. Tons of FunTue, Feb 5, 2013 3:07 PM EST
- PHOTOS: The Best Chevron Wedding DetailsTue, Feb 5, 2013 1:42 PM EST
- Roadblocks to Intimacy--and How to Get Around ThemMon, Feb 4, 2013 6:50 PM EST
- How to Conquer Your 10 Biggest Marriage FearsFri, Feb 22, 2013 3:23 PM EST
- So This Must Be What Santa Claus Drinks on VacationSat, Dec 14, 2013 6:10 PM EST
- We've Officially Fused December's Two Most Decadent TreatsSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:09 AM EST
- Gorgeous Graphic Cookies -- No Special Tools (or, Um, Skills) RequiredSun, Dec 15, 2013 11:12 AM EST