- Diane Mizota, Host Of This Week In M.o.m. | Moments Of Motherhood | Wed, Apr 4, 2012 7:11 PM EDT | Comments...Read More »
- Diane Mizota, Host Of This Week In M.o.m. | Moments Of Motherhood | Wed, Apr 4, 2012 2:12 PM EDT | Comments
I love nothing more about this job than connecting with other moms and talking about all the stuff that bonds us as women, moms, wives, and parenting bad asses…or rather hopeless amateurs depending on the day, right?
Last week, while waiting for the crew to set up at a This Week in Mom shoot, a fabulous clothing designer, her lovely publicist and I, struck up an organic conversation about our post-partum depression. I find it remarkable that three women who met mere minutes ago can sit on a dark sound stage sharing post partum war stories as if we were 3 margaritas in…but such is the bond that motherhood creates.
"Ever have that feeling when you're pushing your stroller on the 2nd story at the mall and you can picture yourself pushing your child off?"
"Not that you'd ever do it, but it's just so scary. Where do those thoughts come from?"
"Hormones are no joke."
"What about every time I held a knife in the kitchen and thought about that mother who cut off...Read More »
- Diane Mizota, Host Of This Week In M.o.m. | Moments Of Motherhood | Thu, Mar 29, 2012 2:13 PM EDT | Comments...Read More »
- Diane Mizota, Host Of This Week In M.o.m. | Moments Of Motherhood | Tue, Mar 27, 2012 2:04 PM EDT | CommentsI try not to just dabble in honesty, I strive to live there. But how much is too much? Is it possible to parent with complete, unflinching honesty?
To lie or not to lie...to your kids?
With myself, in relationships, work, and parenting, I've experienced how insidious secrets and lies can be, so to avoid drama, my mantra is this: total honesty, coupled with kindness, is universally the best policy. But, how do you go about teaching and instilling that in your kids?
It's hard for a preschooler to navigate truth from lies, and I've begun to catch my son lying to me without even realizing it. I want to nip this in the bud before we get to the tween years, so at my house we are at Honesty def-con 2. Red alert. But it may not be working out quite the way I had anticipated…
I've tried a few different tactics and thought I was doing a pretty good job modeling honesty. Until, last week, feeling self-righteous, and a little grandiose about my parenting skills, I made this bold proclamation to K:
"I have NEVER lie...Read More »
- Charlene Prince Birkeland, Senior Editor | Moments Of Motherhood | Fri, Mar 23, 2012 8:19 PM EDT | Comments
Looking for a way to add some fun to breakfast with the kids? Whip up a batch of waffles and decorate them with the silliest faces you can make. Better yet? Let the kids get their creative juices flowing and they can design their own funny waffle faces. Use all sorts of fruit and whipped cream (if you want). Turn it into a competition! Game on.
Share photos of your child and any other fun, embarrassing or incredible moments that you have captured on the Moments of Motherhood Flickr Group. While you are here take part in discussions with other moms....Read More »
What was the biggest mess your little ones ever left you?