You don't need an artist's steady hand to paint these graphic stripes on Easter eggs. The trick to uniform bands is a notched cardboard box, which helps control the egg and paintbrush.
Related: 35 Pantry Staples for Healthy Eating
Small square cardboard box
Awl or corkscrew tip
Blown-out egg, with holes centered at top and bottom. (Learn how to blow out eggs here.)
Related: 25 New Ways to Eat Avocados
1. Cut three pointed notches in one side of box, as shown.
2. With awl, punch holes on opposite sides of box, 1 inch below top edge, as shown.
3. Push skewer in 1 side of box, then through holes in egg (enlarge as needed), then through other side of box.
4. Knead 2 chunks of putty until soft. Pinch onto skewer and each end of egg to hold in place.
5. Dip brush in water, then in paint. (The larger the brush, the wider the stripe will be.) Hold brush handle in a notch, with bristlesRead More »from We Can't Believe We Never Thought of Painting Eggs This Way