Demi Lovato. Rainbow Brit made a colorful splash with her electric pink and blue hair extensions at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Sept. 21. These never-shy pop tarts make the ombre look work. They join the think pink [hair] movement embraced by Lauren Conrad and model Charlotte Free.She's a slave to fashion trends, that Britney Spears. This time she picked up some hair coloring tricks from another judge on "The X Factor,"
The rainbow look is so hot that it will fizzle sooner than Apple releases a new iPhone. These temporary techniques will keep you looking hot today but not passe tomorrow.
Clip-in Synthetic Hair Extensions
Change the color depending on your mood, or pop them in after work for a new look. Individual hair extensions in neon pink, blue or purple retail for under $3 each.
Hair chalking is a messy, fun and temporary way to look like your favorite Rainbow Brite pony (or celebrity diva).
What you'll need:
A box of non-toxic soft chalk pastels, not oil pastels
Latex or other gloves
Spray bottle of leave-in conditioner
1. Wash, dry and style hair.
2. Put on a pair of gloves and wear a robe or a towel around your shoulders. It's going to get messy in here.
3. Select a strand of hair and spray it with the conditioner. Stick with long strands and the ends of hair rather than hair sitting on the scalp. You can also twist the hair to make the coloring easier.
4. Get creative with color. Apply the color directly to the strand rubbing the chalk up and down. Use only two or three colors, starting with the lightest first. For darker hair, choose lighter colors like white, yellow or pink on dark hair.
5. Let the hair dry. Go paint your nails or give yourself a pedicure while you're waiting for the color to "appear."
6. Set the colors by using a curling iron on the colored strands. Don't brush the color out of the hair.
7. Spray with your favorite hairspray.
8. Wash the color out with a clarifying shampoo. Leave conditioner in for three to five minutes, or apply a leave-in conditioner if you're hair seems extra dry.