By Christa Joanna Lee, Glamour magazine
Yep, "Share a Smile Day" is a real thing, and even though devoting a whole day to it seems a tad corny, let's face it: who doesn't love it when someone flashes you a happy grin?
I woke up this morning and unfortunately it's still pretty chilly over here in New York area and it's starting to give me a bit of the winter blues. That's why I rounded up some of the celebs' best smiles ever to cheer up your day a little. Plus, some easy tricks that will help you get a set of pearly white chompers too (from dentistry pros Dr. Jeff Golub-Evans and Dr. Emmanuel Layliev) without your usual ol' teeth whiteners and scary devices:
1. Zoe Saldana's mega-watt grin is sometimes paired with a gorgeous red lip, like here at this past weekend's 2011 Film Independent Spirit Awards:
And frankly, she pulls it off so well. "A blue-based lip color will make your smile appear whiter and brighter," says Dr. Evans. Try this Neutrogena Moisture Lip Gloss in "Berry Fit."
2. Good thing J-Lo spends so much QT with her main squeeze, since kissing is good for your teeth, at least according to the pros!
To get down to the nitty gritty, locking lips increases saliva production that helps slip under plaque so it doesn't stick to your teeth.
3. The pouty-lipped smile that Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen practically trademarked is slowly fading away, but some celebs like Vanessa Hudgens are still remaining, uh, tight-lipped. Maybe if she knew that munching good-for-you foods apples and celery could work just as well as brushing, she'd open up!
4. I tend to smile with all my teeth, like Zoe does above, so if I want it to look extra bright, I try wearing shiny metallics or sparkly earrings so it can reflect in pics!
Tell us in comments who YOU smile most like--whether it be one of these celebs, one of your parents or maybe you just have a unique one all on your own. Do you have any smile pretty tips? And do you smile for pictures open-mouthed or closed?
More from Glamour:
- 10 Things He's Thinking When You're Naked
- 19 Cute Celebrity Haircuts to Consider
- 8 Sex Moves Every Woman Should Try Once
- 12 Secret Signs He's Into You
- 21 Gorgeous Wedding Dresses (From $100 to $1,000!)
Photo Credit: Getty Images, WWD