1) Wear Skinny Head to Toe: Ditch the billowy tops and instead streamline your silhouette. Try tapered pants and a narrow structured jacket that falls at the hip. Then finish the long, lean look with sky-high heels-an oxford style is a sophisticated pick-and long strands of necklaces.
2) Dress Up Casual: Glamorize a cotton dress or a tank-and-jeans combo by throwing on a jeweled necklace and patent-leather heels. There are tons of other ways to fancy up a laid-back ensemble: Wear blinged-out shades, carry a cocktail-party clutch, or add a sparkly brooch up top.
3) Combine Multiple Textures: Basic black can have a blah rep sometimes. To make the monochrome look a bit more interesting this season, blend fabrics. Mis and match sequins, leather, and lace (even on shoes!). Velvet paired with chiffon is also a romantic-feeling, fun twist.
4) Edgy Accessories Modernize: Hardware belts update a classic floral (or vintage!) dress. Try a black belt with studs to cinch your waist and create an elegant hourglass shape. Or try a chain belt to add an extra touch of glamour. Check out these rings, necklaces, and bracelets for $10 or less.
5) Go From Day to Night: Consider keeping essential items stashed in your desk drawer for when you don't want to have to turn down a last-minute invite. Three things we recommend? Metallic sandals, a sleek clutch, and embellished earrings. Use one item (or all three) to give your work look an evening upgrade. Get some ideas from these guy-approved date night looks.
Get more from Cosmopolitan.com
Whether you're digging through your closet or hitting up the mall, here's all the fashion advice you need to look sexy this fall.
Segue effortlessly from summer to fall with super versatile pieces.
Makeup marks on your man's face or sheets are not a hot reminder of you. Staffers tested new stay-put formulas and found the best for...
Put the firefighters on speed dial, because we're about to expose tips that make your everyday routine so hot, you'll start smoldering.
Want More Sex & Love Advice? Subscribe to Cosmo & Save up to 71%!
Reprinted with permission of Hearst Communications, Inc.