When I met super-talented celebrity hair and makeup stylist Kyra Dorman she had a perfect ballerina-bun in her hair. I complimented her look and she explained that the up-do works double-time, keeping hair out of the way during the day and making loose waves for night. I was totally intrigued and made her promise to teach me the bun secret. Read on for Kyra's step-by-step guide to curling iron-free loose waves!
Related: 20 Superfoods for Weight Loss
1. First apply a styling lotion or mousse to damp hair and comb through.
2. Next divide hair into four even sections.
3. Twist each section tightly and evenly from base to end.
4. Coil sections into a round bun and continue twisting until entire length of hair is twisted. Secure with a large hair pin.
Related: 10 Symptoms You Shouldn't Ignore
5. Once the bun is secure, leave it to dry for the day or blow dry and release for instant results!
For lasting hold, finish with one of our 2010 Healthy Beauty Award winning hair helpers!
MORE FROM SELF:
- Foods That Fight Cellulite
- Jillian Michaels's Diet Tips
- Butt and Thigh Exercises: Look Hot in Jeans
- 30 Healthy Snacks
- Are You at Your Ideal Weight? Find Out Now
Photo Credit: WWD