Courtesy of Fashion's Night OutAlison Syrett, Lucky magazine
Three years ago, Fashion's Night Out started as a way to stimulate NYC's then-languishing retail scene. Since then, it's become something so much bigger-a worldwide celebration of shopping and style.
Although the event's pulse remains strongest within Manhattan proper, there are now plenty of ways to participate without straying far from your hometown. Below, we've listed nine great things going down outside the five boroughs-and all around the country.
Read on to see what's happening near you.
Read more: The Lucky Fall Shoe Guide
1. Short Hills, NJ: The best way for Garden State residents to do the most things with the least amount of planning is to hightail it to the Short Hills Mall. The luxury shopping center has promotions, parties and giveaways planned for over 60 stores-we're talking a trench-off at Burberry and a live DJ at GUESS.
2. Philadelphia, PA: If you stop by the Macy's on Market Street between 6:30 PM and 8 PM, you'll get a chance to hang out with Pretty Little Liars star Janel Parrish, dance to live music, drink "mocktails" and eat lots of candy. Unlike her committed character Mona, who we've been seeing in some not-so-chic insane asylum gear this season, the actress will probably be wearing something very cute and fun from the store's Impulse line. (Perhaps something on loan from Nicole Richie?)
In other departments throughout Macy's, there'll be professional stylists doling out expert advice and pop-up trunk shows offering a peek at looks created by designers in Philadelphia's Fashion Incubator program. Also, there'll be an informal fashion show featuring Calvin Klein's Fall 2012 collection and a nail bar powered by Nail Bar at Rittenhouse Square.
Read More: 9 Ways to Get a Summer Glow
3. Miami, FL: Before you hit up all the local shops for free alcohol and giveaways, stop by the Brilliance New York Salon on Lincoln Road to get ready. From 6 PM until 11 PM, stylists will be on hand to offer complimentary makeup applications and hairstyling. Free gifts, cocktails and coupons will also be handed out all night long.
4. Washington DC: Not only does the city's Georgetown District have over 100 stores involved in the evening's festivities, but there will also be an outdoor lounge at Dean & Deluca powered by Brightestyoungthings.com. The website will be providing four red carpets, photo booths, pedicab rides and a "Pop-up Disco" dance floor for the night.
5. Chicago IL: Hosted by actress Ali Larter, the 900 North Michigan Shops will have a 6 PM to 9 PM party with a fall fashion show, multiple in-store promotions and food samples from local restaurants. Additionally, you'll find a "Beauty Bazaar" giving makeovers-on the house, of course-all night long.
6. Dallas, TX: It's a big city and there are tons of events to choose from, but you should definitely make some time to stop by the Christian Louboutin store in Highland Park Village. While most places are giving free makeovers and cocktails, guests here will be treated to a private tarot card reading from a pro psychic. Also, throughout the evening, three new accessories will be debuted.
Read more: 8 Outfits Men Love on Women
7. Los Angeles, CA: Sure, lots of big brands will be having fancy fêtes, but if you swing by Loehmann's on South La Cienega Boulevard, you'll be treated to a designer sample sale of massive proportions. The bargain basement retailer is getting a huge shipment of luxury goods for the occasion-from labels like Oscar de la Renta, Escada and Etro-and will be handing out refreshments and playing music while customers shop.
8. Seattle, WA: Downtown Seattle has put together "Seattle's Style Search," a fashion scavenger hunt you can participate in with your smartphone and up to three of your friends. A grand prize package will be given to the top team, and the first 50 to finish will receive swag bags. Also, for those who don't place, one lucky winner will be selected at random.
9. Online: Even if you don't feel like changing out of your pajamas-let alone going somewhere and facing a huge crowd-there are actually a lot of ways to enjoy the evening online. A few worth looking into: 31philliplim.com is providing gifts with purchase-such as a signed copy of the designer's "Kill the Night" comic book or a limited-edition scarf-and a free personalization up to three characters will be included with any Hankypanky.com order.
For a full list of events happening around the nation, in NYC and online, please visit Fashionsnightout.com.
More from Lucky magazine:
5 Drastic Ways to Change Up Your Look
15 Secrets from Top Dermatologists
Best Dresses For Your Body
The 40 Best Drugstore Beauty Products