Photo: Courtesy of Sheyna.comBy Amber Kallor
Making your own jewelry can be a chance to express your creativity and personal style. But for those of us who don't have the dexterous hands of a jeweler, securing a clasp or tying a microscopic knot on a homemade bracelet or necklace can be more frustrating than stress-relieving.
RELATED: 10 Sleek Wooden Accessories
If you fall into the latter category, Sheyna.com, a design-it-yourself jewelry site, might be the perfect solution. With over 5,000 chains, charms, beads and stones to choose from, ranging in price from $5 to $5000, you can get your arts and crafts vibe going at any price.
RELATED: Some Assembly Required: 4 Ways to Get Crafty and Give Unique Gifts
The best part: Clicking and moving your mouse are the only skills needed to design your dream jewelry. Just select individual pieces from the gallery (or a ready-made design from the shop that you'd like to alter) and pull them onto the drag-and-drop digital sketchpad. This tool even builds your jewelry on a budget-pricing out your bracelet, necklace or earrings as you make each addition.
RELATED: What to Ask Before You Buy
Blossoming jewelry designer? After you've finished your sparkly masterpiece, you have the option to publish it and share with other shoppers, or keep this one-of-a-kind creation for yourself. Sheyna's pieces are handmade by artisans from around the world and arrive on your doorstep ready to wear. It's official: DIY has never been easier.
RELATED: 5 DIY Projects
Other DYO (design your own) jewelry sites we like:
- The bracelet building function on Pandora.net is particularly fun, and you can create everything from watches to rings.
- Charmed by Ingrid Anne offers adorable necklaces at affordable prices-the perfect personalized gifts for your friends.
More from O, The Oprah Magazine:
- 10 Questions That Have No Right to Go Away
O's Great Buy of the Day
- Quiz: Is it You or Your Life That's the Problem?
- 7 Non-Hideous Bridesmaid Dresses for Under $200
- Subscribe to O, The Oprah Magazine and save up to 78%