Every morning as I curse myself for staying up two hours later than I wanted to, watching You Tube clips of John McCain on The View; thinking about, but not buying, Rachel Comey dresses; and exploring the Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey website, I stagger to the shower, then pull out the same five makeup items:
- Stila Illuminating Tinted Moisturizer SPF15 (translucent, and slightly gleamy)
- Tarte Blushing Bride gel blush (I am kind of embarrassed by the cheesy name, but it's worth it)
- Cle de Peau concealer, patted on under my eyes with my finger
- Laura Mercier Eyeshadow in Black Plum, used as an eyeliner, applied with an unknown liner brush (the name rubbed off long ago)
- Benefit BadGal Blue mascara (again with the cheesy name--but the blue really does make the whites of your eyes look whiter)
Mind you, all this simplicity goes to heck in a handbasket once I get to the office--where I find myself testing green shadow, luminizer, lip stains, what have you--but these five are always the substructure, and they never let me down. Lazy makeup-wearers of America, give me your essentials.
--Cristina Mueller, senior beauty editor
More from Lucky:
Fall Accessories Under $100
The most sophisticated--and affordable--pieces of the season.
Do Good While You Shop
Help abate the world water crisis with these six gorgeous pieces.
Tops and Slouchy Trousers
This chic pairing has a relaxed elegance. Lucky shows you eight great outfits, all available online
- Subscribe to Lucky and get our exclusive BAG FREE!