High SnobetteRemember when Britney lost her marbles, smashed the car of a paparazzo with an umbrella and shaved her head? Hardly behavior to emulate... or is it? The head shaving part has actually become a fad thanks to the likes of Rihanna (she shaved the underside), Cassie (she buzzed off the right half of her head) and Amber Rose (she rocks the peach fuzz look). With all the time and money women spend on hair products, treatments and stylists who would've imagined taking an electric razor to the head would become in vogue?
Solange Knowles (at left) is the latest to jump on board the head shaving wagon, though she claims the press is making too big of a deal out of her fashion statement. These comments come via her Twitter:
- listen. if. i. wanted. to. make. a. statement. i. would. have. twitpic'd. photo shoot. ect. i. was. simply. taking. my. son. to. school.
- stupid. paps. took. pic. ive. had. my. hair. cut. like. this. for. two. weeks. i. was. NOT. inspired. by anyone. but. my. self.
- i. have. done. this. twice. in. my. life. i. was 16. i was 18. did. not care about your opinion. then. dont. care. now.
- dont. need. your. attention. or. your. co-sign. i am #3. trending topic. before. IRAN. &. some of you cant even locate it on a map. its sad.
- dont. want. a. edge. up. or a perm. because. im not trying. to make this "a style" or a statement.
- i. just. wanted. to. be. free. from. the. bondage. that. black. women sometimes. put. on. themselves. with. hair.
- this. phase. of. my. life. i. want to spend . the time. the energy. and the money. on something else. not in the hair salon.
- ONLY reason i responded to this i have is because i was disappointed to see my name more talked about than #iranelection
- we. gotta. do. better. people.