We'd love to see Kate Middleton's wedding gown up close. Photo by Getty ImagesIn case you haven't seen enough of Kate Middleton or her now famous Alexander McQueen wedding dress, Buckingham Palace has opened its gates so you can get an up close look at the gown and other bridal accessories. The Daily Mail got the early bird tour and reported back on the royal exhibit. Here's a detailed list of what you can see for an entry price of about $28.50:
- Middleton's Alexander McQueen gown, which the Daily Mail says cost £250,000 or $407,873. Whoa!
- Middleton's veil made of soft ivory silk tulle and stitched with flowers
- Middleton's diamond earrings given as a gift by her parents.
- Middleton's Alexander McQueen heels. They're a UK size 5.5, which is a US size 8.
- the 1936 Cartier diamond tiara loaned to Middleton by Queen Elizabeth.
- a silk replica of Middleton's bouquet which included include sweet william, myrtle, lily of the valley, and hyacinth.
- the eight-tiered wedding cake. The top three tiers are replicas (the top two saved traditionally for the christening of their couple's first child, and the third served to guests), but the bottom ones are legit and even show where the royal couple sliced it with a ceremonial sword.
- a short video of Alexander McQueen designer Sarah Burton discussing the creation of the dress and Kate's participation.
Kate Middleton sells a dress a minute
Kate Middleton's fashion choices create retail frenzy and tons of knockoffs
Kate stuns with magical, understated gown by Alexander McQueen's Sarah Burton
Royal wedding fashion report card