What has our sly, cinnamon-haired friend Prince Harry been up to recently, now that his brother and sister-in-law spend their days changing diapers and gracing plebeian marathon runners with their presence?
Oh, you know, just normal prince-ly stuff, like preparing to spend 24 hours straight in a "cold tank" ahead of his upcoming 208-mile trek (!) to the South Pole in November to raise funds for rehabilitating injured servicemen. Harry and four compadres will be representing Britain in the race, in which they'll square off against a U.S. squadron and a combined Australia-Canada team (not sure why those two countries' teams are mashed together, but it's a kind of cute union, no?). The race is expected to take 21 days, which is 21 days he'll be far away from Vegas hotel rooms, which can only be a good thing.
See more: Saluting Prince Harry, a Slideshow
This is actually not the first time Harry will make like Jon Snow and brave frigid climates. In March 2011, he participated in the first three days of a walk to the North Pole, but had to ditch early for the Royal Wedding. (At one point during those three days, he jumped "into a hole in the ice in his ski suit" to prove his dedication.)
As for this ice chamber, it will "simulate blizzard conditions" so the five men can "practice their daily routine" for the race itself. The space is, according to the Telegraph, "large enough to accommodate a large tank for military testing [and] has a snow machine and powerful fans that can generate wind speeds of 124 mph."
If Harry and friends get bored down there though, we have some "icebreaker" questions (you're welcome!) that they can use to get the conversation going:
See more: Princess Diana Preferred "Disco-ing" to Married Life
- Is the fact that "George Alexander Louis" is an anagram for "relaxed, gorgeous alien" a mere amusing coincidence, or cause for concern?
- Pair up the five members of One Direction and the five Spice Girls in couples and describe what each wedding would be like.
- Be honest: have you ever had the urge to try on one of Queen Elizabeth's single-color jacket-skirt ensembles? (Just, you know, to take a funny picture in it!)
- Who would be a better "Harry" in a movie: Rupert Grint or. . . uh, who are other redhead actors? Julianne Moore with a buzz cut?
- At what age was William most attractive? 19 or 23?
The 25 Best Breakup Stories on Film
The Most Stylish Directors in Hollywood
Jennifer Lawrence vs. Emma Watson: Who's the Most Stylish Actress Under 30?
Gisele's Singing Debut Isn't Terrible