Now that most network prime time shows have had their fall finales, we have an excuse to tune into MTV's latest TV show, The Jersey Shore. Have you been watching it? (Thursday nights at 10 p.m. on MTV). We have to admit, having some New Jersey representation on our staff, that we were skeptical of this show at first. And although there are many more things to comment on, we beauty gals have to stay focused on hair-related matters.
She is shown with her signature hairstyle here. What do you think - is it a do or a don't? We think it is a pretty big undertaking for such a little body to handle. Snooki is probably a fan of the poof because it adds some height to her teeny tiny self, but if volume is the goal you want to achieve, there are much more stylish ways to go about it.
To give your hair more volume and therefore more height, the process starts in the shower.
- Wash your hair with a thickening shampoo and conditioner, like John Frieda Luxurious Volume Full Splendor Shampoo.
- Then, before blow-drying apply a volumizing mousse to your roots like got2b Fat-Tastic Thickening Plumping Non-Aerosol Hairspray.
- Use a concentrated nozzle pointed down the hair shaft, along with a large round brush and pull at the roots.
- If your hair is already dry, turn your head upside down and blast with a dryer for a few minutes to get more lift at the roots.
- If your hair is curly, dry by gently lifting your roots up, and be careful not to pull your curls as it can cause frizz instead of volume. (Use a diffuser attachment if you have one).
- Top off the finishing look with some volumizing hairspray like Ken Paves Volumizing Hair Spray. You've just reached new heights with your big, sexy hair.