Sipa USA (2); Splash News; Getty Images
Midriff tops make a bold fashion statement, but it's a statement that everyone, including Diane Kruger (in Carven and Vanessa Bruno), Miley Cyrus (in Marc Jacobs), and Selena Gomez (in Dolce & Gabbana), is loving-and Chloe Sevigny hopes it stays that way. The American Horror Story actress, who wore her own cutout creation (vintage Chloe by Karl Lagerfeld) to Barneys Celebrates 60 Years of Chloe at the department store in New York, loves the look because she believes it gives people a chance to breakout from "playing it safe" with their style. "I think that you shouldn't be afraid of being an individual," Sevigny told InStyle.com. "People are so afraid of criticism, especially from all of the tabloid magazines and stuff, but I think that the InStyles of the world always seem to celebrate individuality more, so I just keep that in mind." So true, Chloe!
• Celebrity Trend: Midriff Tops
• Selena's Creamsicle Orange Lipstick (From Above!)
• Chloe and the Stars Celebrate the One Foundation
• Steal Her Shade: Celebrity Lipsticks and Nail Polishes
• Stars in the Latest Trends: InStyle's Look of the Day
- Judy Meepos