Radish Cous CousBy Food52
- 1 cup pearl (Israeli) cous cous
- 2 cups chicken stock (homemade if you have it)
- 1/2 a ripe avocado
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 5 tablespoons avocado oil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup edamame
- 1 small bunch radishes
- 1 kirby cucumber
- 1 small serrano chili
- 3 scallions
- 2 handfuls arugula
- 1If you can make the cous cous a little ahead, great, because you don't want it to be super hot when you toss it with the salad. (Otherwise, do what I did and throw it into the fridge for 20 minutes.) I like to cook the cous cous with chicken stock, instead of water. Add a little salt and pepper.
- 2Make the dressing: Spoon the avocado into a small bowl. Using a fork, give it a good smooshing, until the avocado is mashed. Add the lemon juice, and a little salt and pepper. Pour the oil in a thin stream, whisking as you go, until the dressing is creamy. Taste to make sure the salt and pepper ratio is working.
- 3Wash and cut the ends off the radishes. For this salad, I like to cut the radishes into kind of chunky pieces, so you really taste it when you take a bite. Wash the cucumber, and cut it similarly.
- 4The chili and the scallions should be cut more thinly than the radish and cucumber. Wash the chili and cut it in half lengthwise. Se-seed it, and then cut each half crosswise. Wash the scallions, and cut the white parts crosswise.
- 5Toss the cous cous, the edamame, the radishes, the cucumber, the chili, the scallions and the arugula together in a large bowl. Add the dressing, and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Main Ingredient: pasta
- Category: appetizer, main_dish, salads_and_dressings
- Specialty Collections: vegetarian
- Source: Food52
MORE FROM OUR PARTNERS
1 - 4 of 4