Swiss Chard and Lemon Ricotta PastaBy Food52
- 3 cups raw Swiss chard, sliced (including the stems)
- 2 handfuls dried spaghetti noodles
- 2 strips bacon, cut into 1/4
- 1/2 large shallot, minced
- olive oil as needed
- 1/3 cup ricotta cheese
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- zest from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Pinch dried red pepper flakes
- 1Bring a pot of well-salted water to a boil over high heat. Blanch the Swiss chard for 5 minutes. Scoop out the chard, and drain well, squeezing out as much of the water as possible. Chop again and set aside.
- 2Keep the pot of water boiling, and add the spaghetti noodles. Follow the directions on the packet for making the spaghetti. Drain and set aside, retaining about 1 cup of liquid from cooking the noodles.
- 3Fry bacon until just crispy. Add the shallot and saute until soft, adding olive oil if needed.
- 4Add the Swiss chard and toss well to break up the chard clumps.
- 5Combine the ricotta and Parmesan cheeses in a small bowl, and add the lemon zest, salt, and red pepper flakes. Add to the Swiss chard mixture in the saute pan and mix well.
- 6Add cooked spaghetti, and some of the pasta water as needed.
- 7Serve warm.
- Source: Food52
MORE FROM OUR PARTNERS
1 - 4 of 4