With warmer temperatures and more reasons to lounge by the pool, the summer season is an opportunity to really clean out your face and beautify your skin for cheap.
How about indulging in a DIY steam facial? Your summer skin can get easily clogged with sunscreen, sweat from outdoor activity, make-up and other external elements. A DIY steam facial on a regular basis is a fun and cheap way to maintain your summer beauty.
Here is how it works:
1.Heatl a pot of hot water infused with your favorite herbs, tea bag or essential oil until it is heated enough to produce steam for at least 10 minutes.
2. Set the pot on a table with a towel underneath or pour the water into a bowl. Stand over the steaming pot or bowl with a large towel over your head to trap the heat for five to seven minutes, and sweat your facial impurities out with your eyes closed.
3. Rinse your face with cold water afterwards and apply light moisturizer.
When you give yourself a steam facial, you are letting the hot air loosen debris in your skin, unclog your pores and give your face a deep cleaning. Whether you want to make this a weekly ritual (limit to 1 - 2 times a week) or a once-in-a-blue-moon DIY spa treatment, you will notice healthier, softer and more glowing skin with regular use.
Here are some general tips to remember:
- Make sure your face is cleansed with your usual gentle cleanser before you steam your face.
- The water should be gently steaming and not too hot. Hot steam will hurt your face, and you shouldn't be uncomfortable. If you are feeling too hot, wait a few minutes for the water to cool down and try putting the towel over your head again.
- Make sure your face is at least a foot away from the hot water.
- Apply moisturizer to your face after your steaming session to seal in the moisture.
More From Intent.com: