Hi ho, Kermit the Frog here…and I'm here to say "it's easy being green". Oh, I know, you've heard me sing just the opposite. And it's true that it might be nicer being red, or yellow, or gold or something much more colorful like that. But right now I'm talking about how easy it is to Go Green--doing little things to conserve energy, protect the environment and basically make this planet an even better place for people, frogs and other species.
Here are a few simple tips to help you Go Green.
1. Turn Off The Lights When You Leave the Room.
That's just good sense. You don't need lights to see if you're not in the room, right? And if you're in the room - especially with a pig who wants to hug and kiss you - make sure you leave the room before she turns off the lights.
2. Time Your Showers So You Don't Waste Water. Personally, I prefer to soak in the swamp. (Nothing like pond scum to keep amphibious skin supple and smooth.) But if you're not a frog and you take showers, keep your showers long enough to get clean, but not too long. It not only wastes water, it makes everyone else in your house complain that "NO HOT WATER NO HOT WATER!
Aaarggh!!" Animal really hates that.
3. Recycle! You can recycle paper, bottles and cans! That helps preserve natural resources. And if you're Fozzie Bear, you can recycle jokes….I'm not sure what that preserves.
4. Carpool. Whenever you can, ride together with others. It saves gas and it cuts down on traffic. We Muppetsdo this all the time. Of course, it does get kind of crowded for us. So youmight want to limit your own carpool to fewer than 30 people in a subcompact.
5. Brake for Frogs and Other Living Creatures. This is a personal note. Those of us in species lower than you on the food chain ask that you watch out for us when driving. Remember: What's just a raccoon to you is Aunt Grizelda to someone else.